Love them woodies!

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Longtrad

Re: Love them woodies!

#16 Post by Longtrad »

thats a lot better price than the 9 dollar arrows I was coming up with, I wonder what kind of spine ranges you would get in a a big unmatched shaft bundle, If you werent picky about gpp I would think you could get lots of tuned arrows out of a bundle as long as you were shooting 40-45# bows.

Shadowhntr

#17 Post by Shadowhntr »

Surewood is claiming the 100ct are hand spined into a group...only the weight is not matched. They are hunter grade, but getting hunters before on several occasions, they are still very pretty shafts. Its a good deal I think, and have often thought really hard about getting a bundle myself.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

WRT the customs...with shipping I figure I'm spending about 10 bucks an arrow or less...for custom crested and fletched arrows of super-high quality! BUT...that doesn't negate the urge to build and create my own! Something about a hand-built woody that sort of reminds me of a hand-crafted bow.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#19 Post by Shadowhntr »

I agree captain. I cannot remember the time I have shot/owned an arrow that wasnt put together by myself. Even years ago shooting aluminums I built my own. Im really thinking the last arrows I used that were NOT put together by myself, I must have been in the general area of 12 or 13 years old? There may have been something else slipped in there somewhere but I seriously doubt it. Of course I realize there is a lot more to dipping, and cresting. Ive even done some of that at one point though. But you are right, it isnt the same as when you build your own.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “All about arrows”