Trueflight Fletching Guide

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
REDTAIL

Re: Trueflight Fletching Guide Help Please.

#16 Post by REDTAIL »

Question,? I bought an Arizona EZ Tool, Some years ago, With a 4 Degree Offset, I am using Aluminum Arrows sized in 2016 & 2117 & Carbon Spines in 400 & 500 also, For My Recurve & Long Bow as well, Will this 4 Degree Offset . Be ok to use with 5 inch , RH Feathers, For my Arrows above etc. I was thinking of investing in a new EZ Tool in RH Helical,? But hate to waste another $50.00 Bucks on a Tool that I do not need, Right now. Can someone help me out on this.?

REDTAIL

Re: Trueflight Fletching Guide Help Please.

#17 Post by REDTAIL »

Question,? I bought an Arizona EZ Tool, Some years ago, With a 4 Degree Offset, I am using Aluminum Arrows sized in 2016 & 2117 & Carbon Spines in 400 & 500 also, For My Recurve & Long Bow as well, Will this 4 Degree Offset . Be ok to use with 5 inch , RH Feathers, For my Arrows above etc. I was thinking of investing in a new EZ Tool in RH Helical,? But hate to waste another $50.00 Bucks on a Tool that I do not need, Right now. Can someone help me out on this.?

Shadowhntr

Re: Trueflight Fletching Guide

#18 Post by Shadowhntr »

Welcome Alexander!

What carbons are you using? Some are much smaller diameter is why I ask.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

REDTAIL

#19 Post by REDTAIL »

Black Eagle Vintage 500 for the Long Bow & 400 for the Recurve Bow Both with a 125 GR Broad Heads. Thank You

Shadowhntr

#20 Post by Shadowhntr »

I believe those shafts are micro diameter if im thinking right? I see AZ sells separate setups or arms for aluminum and Carbon. The only issue that may arise, is the fletching may not line up perfectly on the skinny carbons. I don't think there will be an issue with the aluminums. If the shaft is 5/16 or 11/32 diameter its likely to work on it. However less then that may give some over hang.
As long as the quill of the fletching is laying mostly flat on the shaft, instead of hanging off, it's likely to work. It does look like AZ has separate set ups...so one apparently won't do everything. There must not be any adjustment.
Personally I'd get by with what you could, and instead of sinking more money into the AZ, id save my money for a fletching jig that had some adjustments.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#21 Post by Captainkirk »

The Bitz is about double the cost of the AZ at 80-some bucks, but it will last you a lifetime. Guaranteed.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “All about arrows”