Carp bows

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Carp bows

#51 Post by Carpdaddy »

Sure you do, I enjoy it tremendously when I'm able. If you ever start it will addict you quickly. I am itching bad to build one right now, this is the time of year that I usually spend most of my time in the garage. I would be doing it right now if not for physical issues.

Shadowhntr

#52 Post by Shadowhntr »

Carpdaddy wrote:Sure you do, I enjoy it tremendously when I'm able. If you ever start it will addict you quickly. I am itching bad to build one right now, this is the time of year that I usually spend most of my time in the garage. I would be doing it right now if not for physical issues.
Tony, my point exactly! I spend so much time, hunting, fishing, trapping, shooting both guns and archery, playing music seriously (mandolin).....on top of all my other things I have to do. My wife is gonna kill me from all my expenditures now as it is..... Im thinking it's worth it to me, to just continue to buy my bows, from fellas that devote their time to doing that sort of thing. Im certain Id love it....but that is what scares me! Maybe one day when Im so old I can't get outdoors as much, I will wish Id of trained to build,,,,, but then agian,,, Ive never been too smart anyway about that sort of thing.... :lol:
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#53 Post by Carpdaddy »

I know what you mean, I can't afford to pick up any more bad habits! One can't support another addiction without dropping one that they already have.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#54 Post by Captainkirk »

That is rather where I'm at. Which is why I sort of decided, on spur of the moment, to start purchasing certain vintage Bears rather than build bows. I have (unofficially) about a dozen hobbies and really can't take on another, but it's nice to live vicariously through you guys!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “The Bowyer”