The wait begins... (Flatline Hypertension) :)

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
47909Hunter

The wait begins... (Flatline Hypertension) :)

#1 Post by 47909Hunter »

So Saturday I talked with Jose' at Flatline and got added to his build queue.

I'm a very, very new traditional archer/hunter, but as many of you can probably relate to, it just feels so very right... so I "went big" as they say and can't wait to go pick it up. It's nice knowing I'll just be driving a little under 150 miles to pick up my bow in person.
Traditional #1: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 48@28, Ash and Yew (#12017)
Traditional #2: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 42@28, Bocote and Wenge (#112017)
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Shadowhntr

Re: The wait begins... :)

#2 Post by Shadowhntr »

Wow! Congratulations! Jose builds an excellent bow, you are going to love it! Which model did you get and what were your wood choices?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

47909Hunter

#3 Post by 47909Hunter »

Shadowhntr wrote:Wow! Congratulations! Jose builds an excellent bow, you are going to love it! Which model did you get and what were your wood choices?
A fun story about that! Jose' just called actually.

I'm getting a Hypertension (one-piece longbow; 66"). I originally was going to go with a Yew riser and Ash limbs, but when I'd called Jose' he advised that he'd never built a bow with Ash limbs so he didn't know how it would perform, but that he knew Yew works well - so we decided to flip the woods.

But he just called, and after talking with his wood supplier, he found that Ash does indeed perform very, very well (and uniquely) as a limb wood, so we're flipping it back: Yew riser with Ash accents, and Ash limbs.

I'm even more excited now. :D

My instructor has lots of Jose's bows, and after shooting them (even though they're the wrong hand; I'm a lefty!), I knew... I had to have one for myself.
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Very good, Im happy for you! Im also happy you found us here at TH, welcome aboard!

47909Hunter

#5 Post by 47909Hunter »

Shadowhntr wrote:Im also happy you found us here at TH, welcome aboard!
Thank you! I'm happy too. I'm a pretty heavy forum user (I work as a programmer, so I do have a lot of "dead time" during the work days... hehe) and I've been going through all of the various traditional archery forums (and AT's Trad subforum) and so far this one seems the most "normal," if you know what I mean. >.>

:D

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

Well.....just wait until you meet Captain Kirk...

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

"Normal"?? And I thought we were the island of misfits! :lol: You just haven't meet me and Kirk yet! :lol: :lol: :oops:
Good to have you here and looking forward to seeing your new Flatline. Glad you chose Jose; not just because he builds a great bow but also because he post pictures here!! Be sure he don't forget on this one. :idea: Several here have got bows from him and really liked them.

47909Hunter

#8 Post by 47909Hunter »

Carpdaddy wrote:he post pictures here!! Be sure he don't forget on this one. :idea: Several here have got bows from him and really liked them.
I hope he posts pictures too! If he doesn't, be assured that I will once the bow's done. :)

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote:Well.....just wait until you meet Captain Kirk...
I represent that remark!!! :shock:

Welcome aboard, and glad you found us! "Normal"? Not. But we like to have fun here, as you can tell. And we don't get our undies in a bundle over ridiculous stuff like some of those other places.
As far as your choice of bows...outstanding! Jose is not only a great guy and a regular contributor, he builds a wicked bow by all accounts of those who own one. I don't think you will be disappointed!
Anyway, glad to have you with us! And pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Aim small, miss small!

47909Hunter

#10 Post by 47909Hunter »

Captainkirk wrote:Welcome aboard, and glad you found us! "Normal"? Not. But we like to have fun here, as you can tell. And we don't get our undies in a bundle over ridiculous stuff like some of those other places.
That's what I meant by "normal." :D

Return to “The Bowyer”