Quivers for hunting, non-bow-mounted?

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Quivers for hunting, non-bow-mounted?

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

Tony, you make it look too easy...
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

I'm a simple man Kirk. But still didn't help with the question on non bow mounted quivers other than my treestand mounted quiver.

Jose

#18 Post by Jose »

For hunting I really like the Safari Tuff quiver. Mine has the pocket to put smaller items in. The Safari Tuff does a really nice job of protecting the fletchings too.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#19 Post by Carpdaddy »

When hunting from a ladder stand I often carry a small rope sack style backpack to carry my stuff. Sometimes I carry arrows in a compound type quiver snapped onto my backpack. Actually hooked on the ropes with one of those twist tie type things which I also use to attach it to the ladderstand or a limb. Sometimes the simple just works.

stumper

#20 Post by stumper »

47909Hunter wrote:
dahyer wrote:Bear paw Indian summer. Best 30 bucks I ever spent but not sure if it is on amazon. Got mine from kustom king archery
That's a back quiver, looks like?
sure is!!!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

47909Hunter

#21 Post by 47909Hunter »

Resurrecting this thread because I'm definitely at the point of needing a quiver, post-haste.

I suppose, after much reading/research, that a bow mounted quiver is the best way to go. I'm trying to choose from among all the models out there - and none of them are terribly cheap. (And never seem to come up for sale used @ ArcheryTalk.)
Traditional #1: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 48@28, Ash and Yew (#12017)
Traditional #2: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 42@28, Bocote and Wenge (#112017)
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#22 Post by Captainkirk »

I've never had any issues with a bow mounted quiver (other than noise, which is fixable). I would suggest looking at some of the quivers from Selway (one of our sponsors, see the header on the forum home page)
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#23 Post by Shadowhntr »

I hate to put you back in limbo, but have you checked out G. Fred Asbel's quiver? It can be arranged a number of ways to suit you...not cheap though. I'm considering one anyway.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Shadowhntr

#24 Post by Shadowhntr »

For a bow mount, if you are using 2 blade heads, Eagles Flight Archery has a 3 arrow Mesa. I have one of them, and one of his Chief quiver. I prefer the mesa, but the Chief will hold about any head. I prefer them personally over the much heavier Selway.

Mine is the 3 arrow Tall Mesa

http://www.eaglesflightarchery.com/bow-quivers/
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#25 Post by Longtrad »

I would get one that has a bar that connects the hood and gripper, mine doesn't have one and it annoys the heck out of me.

Return to “The Bowyer”