KTBA 2016 approaching

Traditional archery events, club announcements, 3D shoots.
Forum rules
Post all club events or traditional archery related gatherings.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

KTBA 2016 approaching

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

Last year there was LinemanSteve, Big Dude and son, me and grandson, and Hornfrog, from this site. We have more Ky boys on here now and I hope to meet more of you at this years shoot and gathering. One of our new members Randy Grider is one of the guys that puts this thing together. The post I copied last year was one that he posted on another site. He is hunting LBL this week but hopefully he will give us the dates and plans when he gets back. And hopefully a good hunting report!

Kybownut

Re: KTBA approaching again

#2 Post by Kybownut »

Hope to be able to go this year. I made the first one when it was held at Nancy but haven't been back since. I read on another site that mike mittens was gonna be the guest speaker, pretty interesting guy! Wonder if lineman Steve will be hosting a become the arrow seminar.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Well he will be there nothing happens we can ask him to. Just passed him bout five minutes ago out pretending to work. He reads these post most mornings from his office but don't log on, maybe he will log on in the morning to give us an answer.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Okay since Randy is out after the deer this week I copied one of his post from another site, here is one..

Happy to announce that mike Mitten has agreed to be our Saturday night speaker and guest for the weekend of april 8,9,10, of the 2016 KyTradFest ! I have read his book, and thoroughly enjoyed it "One with the Wilderness" about his many solo backpack hunts in remote wilderness areas. This guy is the real deal ! You may have also seen and heard of him in the Wensel's many exploits. We have been very fortunate the last 5 years to get some iconic guest speakers, and our good luck continues ! Welcome Mike !

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

And another...

ke Mitten lives in Beach Park, Illinois. Woodsmanship was learned early on during camping and fishing trips with his father, and through Boy Scouting where he earned the highest rank of Eagle. Mike received his bachelors’ degree in biology in 1983 from Northern Illinois University, and has made a thirty year career in the pharmaceutical industry. He is currently employed as a dedicated member of a research team that discovers new treatments for cancer. Mike has hunted with the bow and arrow for over 45 years, cutting his bowhunting teeth on the family’s vacation property and surrounding Chequamegon National Forest in north central Wisconsin. His passion for bowhunting whitetail deer is offset each year by annual solo bowhunting adventures to distant western states, Canada, or Alaska. Over the years, Mike has frequently shared his stories and experience by authoring articles published in hunting magazines such as North American Whitetail, Bowhunter, Traditional Bowhunter Magazine, Trad Archers World, Professional Bowhunter Society Magazine, and Bow and Arrow Hunting. He also encourages membership in local and state hunting organizations along with national organizations such as Professional Bowhunter Society, Comptons, and Pope and Young Club.
Mike attributes his life’s passion for the outdoors and bowhunting success to an understanding family. Following a long journey building self-reliance and redefining the definition of failure, Mike has found reward in every hunting trip. He is now able to teach his own children and help them accept the stewardship and responsibility each generation has for conservation of our natural resources. Mike’s experiences as a solo hunter with a video camera in one hand and a bow in the other have enabled him to contribute as a co-producers of the award winning films Primal Dreams and Essential Encounters (www.brothersofthebow.com). He has published his first book, One with the Wilderness (Passions of a Solo Bowhunter). Mike wrote multiple chapters for a book compiled by Don Higgins called, Real World Whitetail Icons (…in Their Own Words). Mike is a member of Sitka Gear’s Athlete staff where his field tests, advice and suggestions help with improving the functionality of hunting gear and apparel. He is a member of Wensel/Mitten Productions, whose videos and books go a long way to help non-hunters understand our passions for the chase and the true spirit of the hunt. Mike is also on the Professional Bowhunter Society’s speaker’s bureau.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

They have two twenty target 3D ranges through the woods along with a smoker range which I don't try, too easy to lose arrows shooting through all that stuff. They also have a good place to practice, get warmed up, and get your sights set.
A little view of recent years. Grandson on Practice range.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Big dude and his big dude son practicing..

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

LinemanSteve with the back quiver and big boots stepping right in front of Hornfrog just as I took the picture.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

Big dude and son checking out some of the vendors tables..

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

On the range with my youngen..

Return to “Events”