wooohoo I found my source

Share your curing methods and recipes.
Forum rules
Share all recipes and anything pertaining to the cooking of wild game.
Mohawk

Re: wooohoo I found my source

#16 Post by Mohawk »

:lol: :lol: They don't allow a fridge on the porch here unless the doors are removed. :evil: I would imagine that after 1 peek into my porch fridge, no snot nosed brat would ever come near it again, let alone crawl in.
It's pretty dry here too, been wet all year. Figures, when I don't want to sound like a herd of bull moose in the timber, we can't buy a rain to quiet the leaves.

Ole Dave

#17 Post by Ole Dave »

We're in a horrific drought, but not alone...much of country is... Started in summer...record # of over 90* days..normally like 14 all year and we had like 96 total...and little rain all summer... dirt is like dust... most guys I talk to are afraid to even SHOOT a muzzle loader for how dry it is the particles falling on leaves could smolder and set the woods afire...not that we don't have a record # of fires in TN and every adjoining state but my KY...dunno about it.

They had laws about fridges outside with doors off...where I lived in PA, too....I've seen some in MD back East with chains and padlocks on porches... Bears would tear off a door to get to the goodies here...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Mohawk

#18 Post by Mohawk »

If we had bears here, I'd try it! There's a balcony over my porch. :lol: :roll: I think it'd be cool to harpoon one of them guys, especially with a trad bow.
Hopefully you folks out your way get some good soakers soon! I sure hate dry weather, always been more of a rainy day guy I guess.

Return to “Recipes”