Dean Torges FireStyx bamboo backed osage bow

Buy and sell traditional bows.
Forum rules
Buying and selling of traditional bows only. Selling of new bows you manufactured prohibited unless you are a sponsor.
WEA$EL

Dean Torges FireStyx bamboo backed osage bow

#1 Post by WEA$EL »

I have decided to sell my Dean Torges FireStyx bamboo backed Osage long bow. She is 60# @ 27" & 63" nock to nock. The bow has been pampered and there's not a blemish on her. Dean needs no introduction for any casual traditional archery enthusiast. One of the most accomplished writers, storytellers and bowyers in the history of the sport. From his epic book "Hunting the Osage Bow" to the "Ambush Bow Challenge" he judged in "The Bowyer's Journal" magazine that I founded and published, Dean knew everything there was about crafting and hunting with traditional bows. I consider myself very fortunate to have known him, shared hunting camps with him and worked with him. Dean passed away on November 4th after a battle with cancer at the age of 75. I am honored to have owned this work of art he called the bamboo-backed osage longbow. The list of people who have is short and these do not come up for sale very often. I would like to find a good home for it so I would appreciate serious inquiries only. I have had several people contact me with serious offers that I have considered but I wanted as many people to see and appreciate this opportunity as possible. A portion of the sales price will go to archery programs that support getting kids into archery. That was very important to Dean as he hosted many, many kids bow building events and giveaways. Thank you and R.I.P. Dean.
Torges.jpg
Torges.jpg (24.55 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges2.jpg
Torges2.jpg (27.54 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges3.jpg
Torges3.jpg (27.47 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges4.jpg
Torges4.jpg (30.5 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges5.jpg
Torges5.jpg (28.84 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges6.jpg
Torges6.jpg (23.96 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges7.jpg
Torges7.jpg (55.62 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges8.jpg
Torges8.jpg (62.78 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges9.jpg
Torges9.jpg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Torges10.jpg
Torges10.jpg (24.48 KiB) Viewed 2280 times

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Dean Torges FireStyx bamboo backed osage bow

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome to the site Weasel. Great piece of art and history you have there. It was Dean's book that got me into bow building many years ago, I still have it. I did not know of his passing. Best of luck passing that bow on, I'm sure someone will be thrilled to get it.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Thanks for post (and sharing) and welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will bite on that unique piece of history!
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Welcome aboard! Thats a really nice bow. Anyone should be thrilled to het ahold of that one. Good luck on the sale.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Traditional bow classifieds”