Horse trading feathers!

Trade gear with other members.
Forum rules
Trade or sell any archery gear,hunting gear or camping gear.no bows to be sold here only traded.
Longtrad

Horse trading feathers!

#1 Post by Longtrad »

Hey guys I really like the idea of having a barter system with other archers, I'm sure we all have a lot of good equipment that we have outgrown or lost interest that others may want. One mans trash is another mans treasure and what not.

The beauty of this forum is that it is personal enough to actually be able to do this kind of thing.

So here is my offer.

I have a handful of uncut leftwing pink feathers that I would like to trade left wing feathers as well... prefered colors are yellow, chart, white, flo orange, or natural but may be open to others. I can also cut my feathers to 4" shield if you would like. Trading feathers at a 1 to 1 rate. I will ship first.

I only have pink feathers at the moment and would like to have a different color for BH, field points, and thumpers. SO who wants some pink feathers?

Shadowhntr

Re: Horse trading feathers!

#2 Post by Shadowhntr »

Dang.....all I shoot is right wing. I have florescent green, and florescent pink turkey, as well as natural goose....but ALL right wing. There is a specific reason I use right wing though........cause thats what my clamp is for...lol!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Ole Dave

#3 Post by Ole Dave »

Shadow,

(they say the shadow knows...) :)

If you fletch with a straight clamp, does it matter which direction the feather is inclined?

I do left wing and they do rotate even with just a slight offset, but it's not something I've seen discussed..
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Im no expert on straight fletching, but I dont see how it can make much difference using right or left wing in a straight clamp. I'd think you could use turkey tail feathers with a straight clamp and reduce twist a bit more if thats what a guy wanted. Ive used them with decent results with a helical clamp.

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

Shadowhntr wrote:Dang.....all I shoot is right wing. I have florescent green, and florescent pink turkey, as well as natural goose....but ALL right wing. There is a specific reason I use right wing though........cause thats what my clamp is for...lol!

Lol I was planning on going all right wing but then I was gifted a hand me down jojan with left wing clamp, that pretty much made my mind up for me.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

All I have is a Righty Bitz...
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#7 Post by Longtrad »

I wanted the RW blitz as well but the price of free was too damn good to pass up.

Is it true that right wing feathers dont loosen screw in points? or does the vibration still work them out?

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

Mine is right wing and I never have to screw in mine....... :lol: POC must hang on to them threads... :lol:

....seriously though, my boys shoot aluminums, and theirs rarely if ever need retightened. There may be an occasion where one may work loose with right wing, but its not often.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

My woodies NEVER loosen up... 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Swapmeet”