Old broadheads

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
bjorn

Re: Old broadheads

#1 Post by bjorn »

Pretty cool and never seen an original die before. We know you have a busy store to run and look forward to seeing some more of your collection when you can Ted.
Bjorn

TradRat

#2 Post by TradRat »

Hey that's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing and look forward to more from you Ted.
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

Tradman

#3 Post by Tradman »

ted has volunteered to moderate this forum and i for one really appreciate it and look forward to watching and reading about the history of this great sport.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

bjorn

#4 Post by bjorn »

From right to left 8 Pearsons-4x5 and 5x6; 7 Homer Proutys; and the remaining 4 must be the Rose City heads, although I have never seen any before so that is a guess.

bjorn

#5 Post by bjorn »

Wow talk about punishment for having seen those Prouty's two years ago! The Pearsons all look to all be made in the period from 1938 to 1942. From left to right a 1938 5x5 round shouldered; 1939 6x7 square shoulder round corner; 1941 5x5 slope shouldered; same; 1938 6x7 square shoulder, I'm getting a headache, 1942 4x5 slope shoulder; the last two are 5x5 slope shouldered from 1941. Some of the early heads were plated and others were blued and that might account for the color variation.....................I could do a lot better if you send me the heads to look at in person-I'll PM you the address.

bjorn

#6 Post by bjorn »

I'm looking forward to spending a few days in your shop this summer Ted. Make some bows and look over your broadheads.
BTW guys and gals, if you have never seen Ted's shop you are missing out.

bjorn

#7 Post by bjorn »

Oh wow Ted! You are indeed fortunate to have that head-it may be the best example around. I would have had a tougher time id'ing it if the guy's name were not on the pic!
There were other heads made around that time-late twenties early thirties-and they are so similar how can a guy like me tell them apart?

Thunderfoot

#8 Post by Thunderfoot »

Ted, please forgive me since this is not an old broadhead topic but do you happen to have any of the late Jay Masseys arrows? If so how about a peek at them. I have heard he was quite the arrow builder.

Thunderfoot

#9 Post by Thunderfoot »

Thanks brother. I am really looking forward to seeing this.

bjorn

#10 Post by bjorn »

Sorry Ted I had not been back to this thread till today and missed my assignment................that BH looks like the George Snell from your first post? Ted you gotta' get up earlier?

Return to “Collecting & History”