Im tasked with selling items from the Bowhunting museum

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Ron Kulas

Im tasked with selling items from the Bowhunting museum

#1 Post by Ron Kulas »

Recently I became a member of the board of directors of the Wisconsin Bowhunting Heritage Foundation Museum. One of my tasks is helping the museum liquidate its duplicate and excess (non-Wisconsin significant) inventory.

First off, some info about the museum. Here is a link.

http://www.wisconsinbowhunters.org/museum

The Museum is Wisconsin-centric meaning we hope to collect and gather and display bowhunting items specific to and related to the history of bowhunting in Wisconsin. Over the years, donations of bowhunting items have accumulated and due to limited space, the museum is now sorting through its holdings and liquidating duplicate items and items donated that while are certainly a part of the history of bowhunting, are not specific to Wisconsin. Our space is very limited and our founds are based on donation.

A very complete history of all things bowhunting is maintained at the Pope and Young Museum in MN and we do work with them but they too have excess and duplicate items.

The WBHF museum has determined that online auctions are the best way to liquidate these items (due to such broad exposure) As such, the museum has set up an Ebay store. I listed the first 10 lots yesterday and will list more (because we have a new account, we have sellers limits so only 10 lots can be listed at a time. More lots are in the cue and will be listed as items are sold).

What is being sold is a mixed bag of bows (all types) arrows and other bowhunting accessories. You can see the lots at this link.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/wbhfmuseum
The Joy is in the doing.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Im tasked with selling items from the Bowhunting museum

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Some fine looking items there Ron, thanks for sharing here.

Ron Kulas

#3 Post by Ron Kulas »

Plenty more to list as time goes on. Darn seller limits keeps me at 10 for now.
The Joy is in the doing.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

You've caught my interest. Watching now...
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Thats cool Ron! Its awesome you are on the Board! Im going to watch it, this is very interesting.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Ron Kulas

#6 Post by Ron Kulas »

Some of the items wont sell (70's and 80's vintage compounds) but there is no harm in listing them. IT will tell the board what we can pitch in the trash only for the cost of listing fees. Some stuff is collectable. I will add more as seller limits allows and as the board deems what they want to part with. We are out of room at the museum and short on funds.
The Joy is in the doing.

Return to “Collecting & History”