Made this shooting bag for a friend

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
dhaverstick

Re: Made this shooting bag for a friend

#11 Post by dhaverstick »

Dale, I am fortunate to work in Springfield, MO which is the home of the Springfield Leather Company - a major player in the retail leather business. I get a lot of my exotics from them. For instance, a finished glazed ostrich leg skin will cost you around $30 online. I can buy unfinished ones from SLC for $10 and then dye or paint them as I see fit.

Leather, generally speaking, is a very expensive medium to work in. I am very diligent in finding "a deal" either online or locally. I have gotten some great deals on Ebay but I have wasted a lot of time as well just looking for one. Sometimes I just have to have a certain piece of leather so I suck it up and lay down the cash.

Darren

Graps

Re: Made this shooting bag for a friend

#12 Post by Graps »

Thanks, I usually get all my leather and tools from Tandy Leather.
I have a store that is within a half hour from me. They have a few exotic leathers but not much. Most of them are veg tanned and then embossed to look like alligator or something like that.
They have python and Sting Ray most of the time but that's about it.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Leather Crafting”