Neck all swelled up

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Neck all swelled up

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

Not just the bucks either; mine! :lol: Man I had plans for them this morning, I was planning to be in a tree at this time but it didn't work out. Why you wonder? I think it's a mixture of old age and bad health. Got up plenty early but that's as far as I got, it seems that once you have the time and opportunity that your not able! Just so physically weak this morning that I couldn't function. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm blessed to be alive and able to hunt at all. As many of you know it didn't look like I would be alive this season let alone be able to hunt. I am not only usually able to hunt but have been preaching two and three meetings each week. I was able to slip out and fling a handful of arrows to take the edge off.

Ole Dave

Re: Neck all swelled up

#2 Post by Ole Dave »

Tony,

I can relate. I think I may have offended some here stating that if I didn't see any wildlife while out, it felt like a bad outing... but when I think about how I couldn't hunt in 2014 fall (moving) and then last year (no place here) and hitting late 60's and several operations to repair failed parts, along with ongoing recuperation, each outing becomes a question of "is this the last?" That thirst to share space with wild critters is higher then ever... killing, maybe not so much, but I do enjoy venison...

But I can also relate to the getting up and then not wanting to go. I found that if I was going to meet someone, even if we just rode together to and from, it added immeasurably to the anticipation... alone, it was just another thing 'alone.' Sometimes, not going won out, but now it's denied thru lack of access, it's more prevalent a drive again

each year, it seems to be a question of competing priorities... Drive is strong, but the flesh is weak...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Neck all swelled up

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

I hear both of you guys. Rules, regs and restrictions are taking the fun and convenience out of hunting. No more of grabbing the bow and heading for the nearby "patch of woods". Kind of take the fun out of it, and saps the energy right out of us.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”