Big ten point this morning...

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Big ten point this morning...

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

Standing right beside the road near home ready to cross right in front of me and my family this morning as we were driving to Church. :lol: Something wrong about that! For some reason my wife kept sayin... "Watch the road"! :lol:

Ole Dave

Re: Big ten point this morning...

#2 Post by Ole Dave »

Wee bit better then having one jump off a hillside iNTO your truck after a deerless day hunting hard!
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Jose

#3 Post by Jose »

Now that is just down right cruel!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Sheer, unadulterated mockery, that.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

To add insult to injury Big Dude called me last night to tell me that one of the gun hunters had killed a big nine point in the area I had the encounter with a big buck. On a positive note; today is the last day of modern firearms season!

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

I seen a big 8 Saturday morning. He was about 30 yards away follow some heavy sapplings. I also had some kind of buck just before light less then 20...no idea on his exacts
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Set one of your boys out there Jase. They seem to be gett'n 'r dun!
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

They sure did getter done! Wyatt is done pretty much, he dont have the stamina or patience to get a second antlerless tag this late in the season. All he could shoot is doe anyway. Russ dont have hardly any time to go. Now, the days have been limited for me at that spot, because of wrong wind directions. I need a NW wind badly for that spot, and a few others I haven't even sit yet. Too much SE winds again this year. Used to be I could depend on NW winds being prominent, but recently SE seems to be. Unfortunately that is one of the directions I have trouble finding good stand locations for my areas. Most of the season, I been hunting stuff ive never been to because of it, and it aint worked out so well. All 3 of us killed deer out of locations we had already set up ahead of season. Where I seen the big buck, I needed 15 more yards closer to get the shot, and had a ground location figured out. I needed one more hunt there.... And it doesn't look like good winds will happen for it when i can go, until next Sunday possibly. Ugh... Ive been breaking my backside trying to get some SE locations, every time i think i have one, i get in there and the deer are doing something I couldnt determine from a satellite photo, and ends up no good for SE....ugh...
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”