Well fellas, looks like it....

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Shadowhntr

Well fellas, looks like it....

#1 Post by Shadowhntr »

.....like im going to be eating tag soup! I cant catch a break....public can really suck at times. To make matters worse, I cant seem to come up with many really good south type wind spots. Not belly aching, just coming to grips with it. I got til Sunday, then gun season opens before i can get back out. Its doubtful I'll do much good after that. Had a great season anyway. Im going on a hunt for private ground. Im sick of fighting dummys.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Ole Dave

Re: Well fellas, looks like it....

#2 Post by Ole Dave »

Dude...

I hear Tag soup is more palatable if you can find some reasonbly fresh droppings to add to the broth and some fresh scrape dirt!

But then I have no first-hand experience, just hearsay... :shock: :lol: :P :roll:

and it ain't over till the fat lady sings...keep yer mind sharp as your heads, brother...one never knows.. Game of inches and a matter of seconds oft times...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Jase...my near-miss last year came in the last 15 minutes of the last day of the end of my permit time period.
The deer couldn't help it that I missed... :lol:
Never say never until you are walking back to the truck on the last day. And after that, grab a rifle and get busy. Venison is venison, bro...
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Gun season is over here along with the rut, all downhill from here so I know how you feel. I did climb a tree this evening but didn't see anything. One thing that it has done for me is to lower my standards on buck size and Doe's best stay away also!!

nm41mag

#5 Post by nm41mag »

On the positive side No field dressing with a slippery knife in a numbing wind, no drag out to the truck, no processing the carcass in an unheated area with cold hands and numb toes. and you can make sad puppy dog eyes at every one who tagged out, hopefully they will be as generous as you and share.

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

nm41mag wrote:On the positive side No field dressing with a slippery knife in a numbing wind, no drag out to the truck, no processing the carcass in an unheated area with cold hands and numb toes. and you can make sad puppy dog eyes at every one who tagged out, hopefully they will be as generous as you and share.

:lol: You got some very good points there Paul!....maybe I DONT want another deer!!!! :lol:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

I repeat what I told Mark when he shot a Doe and put us to work... We were having a good time Deer hunting and you go and mess it up by shooting a Deer!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:I repeat what I told Mark when he shot a Doe and put us to work... We were having a good time Deer hunting and you go and mess it up by shooting a Deer!
Yeah, really! I've had this same thought myownself.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

Then there is the odd fellers like mohawk, who literally THRIVE on processing deer! I admit its part of it, but work or not the man loves it. I always figured the fun ends at the shot....not fer him! He's good at it too!

Jose

#10 Post by Jose »

I give a lot of credit to hunters who are successful year after year on public ground! You have to outwit humans and deer! That can be tough at times. Hang in there we have all tasted the flavor of that soup......

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”