Is anybody hunting?

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Is anybody hunting?

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

I'm not seeing any hunting tales, no new additions to the harvest thread, and even the view from the perch posting is dying! I shot some today and hope to get out later this week to hunt a little. Hey guys; season ain't over yet! :idea:

Ole Dave

Re: Is anybody hunting?

#2 Post by Ole Dave »

IF...IF we get the promised rain to quell the myriad of forest fires hereabouts, I might sashay out to do some scouting on one or the other public access...one much hill climbing...the other a much longer drive...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Im still hunting. Not much going on but fighting people issues. Gun starts the 1st, but im archery hunting this coming weekend if the wind direction is right. Im getting down pretty narrow on spots that arent altered from pressure. After this weekend I'll be out for a few weeks taking care of my wife who is going through a surgery. I may get to hunt the last of December if she heals well.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Ole Dave

#4 Post by Ole Dave »

Shadowhntr wrote: After this weekend I'll be out for a few weeks taking care of my wife who is going through a surgery. I may get to hunt the last of December if she heals well.
You have my prayers and well-wishes for your bride's fast healing for both your sakes...Nice to have a life partner to share such things with...some costs, sure, but beats some alternatives.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Couple of old Bear bows

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Best wishes for a speedy recover for your wife, Jase.
Hunting? Nah. I knew this would happen if I didn't draw a permit for IBSP this year, and yup...I was right. Besides, I'm battling some health issues this season that have me kinda down in a ditch, plus other things.
I'm OK with it, though. Like I said, I'm hunting vicariously with the rest of you guys, and staying warm while I do it!
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#6 Post by Jamesh76 »

I havent decided yet. still have a doe tag. Chezney has one as well.

Mohawk

#7 Post by Mohawk »

I tried Sunday, but it got interrupted by a couple hunters finishing up an elevated stand. Gun season starts Wednesday and I'll have my 14 yr old daughter out with that 7-08. I may bow hunt after this gun season if life slows a bit. Otherwise, I'll be filling tags in the Jan "revenge" season.

Ole Dave

#8 Post by Ole Dave »

Here in NE TN doe is only in till this Sat...gun for 2 bucks bag limit runs into Jan sometime...

if we ever get rain and end fires, I might go out and snoop some...haven't been anywhere yet but seems odd to go snooping during hunting season...during week being "retarded" (retired?) I hope to not mess up too many guys...

Right now the new roof sounds like it might blow off...no rain yet but that wind has to be driving the forest fire crews batty.... :(

Couple of old Bear bows

cap4382

#9 Post by cap4382 »

Tried public ground Sunday morning as well. All 3 spots I'd scouted out via Google maps had trucks in the parking areas at 445 am. And i thought i was early :shock: . Didn't want to be "that" guy and ruin anyone else's hunt.
Ended up with my climber at my uncle's place, still made it up the tree an hour before shooting light. And of course the one doe i saw was at least 100yds in the neighbors field, again. I'm trying, but holy crap, can i get a freaking break this year!
Btw guys here in Kansas, boom stick season opens Wednesday, November 30th and goes until December 11th. Still got tomorrow to get out! I may be sick (cough, cough) if you guys know what i mean.

Ole Dave

#10 Post by Ole Dave »

cap4382 wrote: Still got tomorrow to get out! I may be sick (cough, cough) if you guys know what i mean.

Hmmm...we called that "calling in well!" :lol: 8-) :roll: Good luck...ain't over till the fat lady sings!

Couple of old Bear bows

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”