Post-season activities?

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Shadowhntr

Re: Post-season activities?

#46 Post by Shadowhntr »

Carpdaddy wrote:Okay evidently you guys don't snore like I do. I wake myself up sometimes! I would probably sound like a moose in rut or a bear that tried to sit on a steel trap!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ive nodded off up a tree in my Summit Aluminum Viper. That thing is so comfy, safe, and stable....its easy to do.

I remember well one particular hunt that happened during the "learning how to even see a deer" phase. I sat ground hunting next to a huge sycamore along a creek. The longer I sat, the more weary and tired I became. Finally I just curled up on the ground and within minutes fell asleep. I woke up almost 2 hours later. After I regained my wits, I started thinking and got disgusted at myself and the situation of rarely seeing deer. I finally asked myself just what the heck I was doing out in the deer woods sleeping. If that was allthe more confident I was, why in heck bed down by a creek in the cold.....I had a warm bed at home. So I got up and left for home....and I didnt even get sleepy. Lol.
Since then, (20+ years ago) Ive nooded off a few seconds at a time unintentionally, but never fell fast asleep again while deer hunting. Heck at a minimum Id go back to the truck where its warm and comfy first...lol!
However I HAVE fell asleep in my Double Bull waiting on turkeys. I was hoping like heck the gobble would wake me up....lol!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Roadking

#47 Post by Roadking »

Good 'Naps" are part of hunting. I can now tell my hunting partner he's been doing it all wrong by staying awake ALL these years, lol.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#48 Post by Captainkirk »

Roadking wrote:Good 'Naps" are part of hunting. I can now tell my hunting partner he's been doing it all wrong by staying awake ALL these years, lol.
It's tradition, Bill. If you never nodded off...even for a few minutes...you didn't get up early enough.
Aim small, miss small!

Roadking

#49 Post by Roadking »

Kirk agreed!! We all get up plenty early, family members look at us like we are nuts. Hmm maybe we are all a little nuts in a good way!!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”