How to choose?

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
stumper

How to choose?

#1 Post by stumper »

So far in my beautiful collection I have three wonderful Bows. Each is tantalizing in its own special way and each brings something different to the table. So the question is how do you choose which bow to take into the woods? I guess I can say that this is a very good problem to have. Unfortunately the decision is only going to get harder as I am already thinking about buying more bows. So help me how do I choose?
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Crazynate

Re: How to choose?

#2 Post by Crazynate »

I have lots of bows and I like to shoot and hunt with as many as I can. But the truth is I pick 1-2 for the season and shoot the heck out of them. Usually it's one of my new custom bows and then I pick a vintage bear to hunt with. I ground hunt a ton so my Kodiak mag is my go to bow this year. And my back up is my Predator because they both have high wrist grips. It's all about feel to me.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

That can be a tough one .
For me it's however the mood strikes me .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

I usually choose the one I shoot most consistently with, and the one I don't mind getting a few scratches on
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

I have been lucky in that every time I get a new bow I like it more than my old bows (except for the time I got that clunky Sage). Makes the choice an easy one for me. I would use the one you shoot the best and has the most horse power.

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

I feel there can be a myriad of reasons to choose a certain bow and it may well be only discernable by you. I've hunted bows for the sake of airloom nostalgia, lack of kills with the bow, certain appealing wood types, shoots and handles better, bow type or model appeal, and even spent too much money so I better hunt with it. As you can see, it's gotta be a certain draw towards a certain bow, for you personally. Nobody here can really tell you what you want...only what they want or wanted. This trad thing is very personal, so let it be and just let your heart lead the way. There is always one that speaks to you....just listen quietly.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”