Antler development

Show us your trail cam pics
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Antler development

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

I have one cheap cam that I haven't put out yet. Just wondering if any of you have any out and if so do you have any pictures of new antler growth? It's exciting seeing them develop.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Antler development

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Sorry, Tony...don't have a trail cam OR a place to put it if I did.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

I think I've mentioned before that I don't use trail cams, if I haven't I am now! Lol!

I've used one at my place of employment to get pics of shy otters that nobody believed were there...lol!

However....ive seen a fair number of bucks with stumps growing. Some farther along then others but none are very advanced.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Crazynate

#4 Post by Crazynate »

I don't use them either but my brother in law does out at the farm where I hunt. He's always teasing me with pictures of bucks I never see lol
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

One positive about cams is that they let you know what is in your hunting area which in turn keeps you from shooting when an average buck passes by. One negative about them is that they show you what's in your hunting area and keep you from shooting on an average buck! This picture from just before season last year sure fired me up!

Mohawk

#6 Post by Mohawk »

I had a junk camera several years ago, it didn't take very good pics so I sold it at a garage sale. There are definitely some good points to using them, but I haven't made the commitment to buying another one. I did see a buck with some knobs on his head a few days ago. Looked like a younger deer, body wise.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

I can see where they would be right handy if you owned or hunted private property. I would use one.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

I hunt private property that looks like Wally World during firearm & Smokepole season. Not so much private, anyone is welcomed.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

You are very limited when hunting PHL as to what you can or can't do. Most PHL areas don't allow trail cams, and if you did it would get stolen anyway.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

Mark sent me this picture from a farm near his house, they raise deer there. I was interested to see how the antlers are developing.

Return to “Trail cam photos”