ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Fellers, due to some concerns of some members, I would like to emphasize the following points:

First, The Campfire (where you are now) is for light-hearted, general discussion regarding non-trad archery topics, or off-topic discussion. As it should be. (think of it as the campfire in your favorite deer camp, and the kind of stuff and tomfoolery that goes on there) This is how it's been, and how we would like it to remain.

Next, when it comes to topics like arrows, bows, etc. please don't start a topic in Campfire...start it in the appropriate section below (All About Arrows, The Bowyer, etc). And when a thread is started by someone, please stay on-topic and keep it relevant to the original poster. Some of these threads wind up a half mile from point of origin (also known as "hijacking") leaving the original poster (OP) discouraged, and sometimes a little angry. Do feel inclined to start another thread if the mood strikes you, but let's try to stay on track with each thread. And try to be especially helpful for new members, or new-to-trad members and remain constructive, helpful, and courteous.
I believe a lot of people simply check into the "Campfire" thread because that is where the action appears to be. All you need to is click on the link (from your index page) VIEW UNREAD POSTS (upper right) and ALL the new posts since your last visit will pop up, regardless of which forum topic they are under. If you want to start a new topic but can't seem to find the appropriate forum section to put it, please PM myself, Tradman or Shadowhntr and we will either find it, or create it.
Thanks!
Aim small, miss small!

Roadsnakes

Re: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

#2 Post by Roadsnakes »

New member here.

A few weeks ago I posted a topic about cleaning up a 50 year old Wing bow I had just purchased.

I checked all the discussion topics, and could find where to post my question. So, I put it in The Campfire.

Where should I have posted it? Even looking today, I`m not sure if I would have put it anywhere else?

Cookies

#3 Post by Cookies »

Hey RoadsSnakes. The Bowyer would have been the best place for that one. Talk about bows, bow building, restorations, etc.

47909Hunter

#4 Post by 47909Hunter »

Oops - sorry then.

When I come to a new forum I check out the lay of the land and try to follow along with what's been done in the past. I'm a bit of a forum junkie so I've seen lots of different "forum culture."

Some forums have lots of subforums and they get used "properly," while some forums have lots of them and they don't get used; everyone uses the "General" forum instead.

Here it seemed no one used the subforums at all, and instead were using "General" (called "Campfire" here). So that's what I did.

Feel free to move my posts to the respective subforums if you like.
Traditional #1: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 48@28, Ash and Yew (#12017)
Traditional #2: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 42@28, Bocote and Wenge (#112017)
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

No apologies necessary guys, that has been the general flow of things around here. The mods are just trying to improve things by listening to the concerns and suggestions from its members. Some of those include our (administration included) tendency to veer of topic or add our "one liners" for the fun of it. The general thought seems to be that we need a place to stay on topic and to keep it trad. So hopefully we can steer more traffic to those not so busy places and where we will attempt to do that. If you don't mind sitting around the campfire with a bunch of guys that will throw a few smart remarks and possibly talk about their dog then feel free to use campfire. Maybe one of the other guys can explain better. :oops:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

That about covered it. We come pretty heavy on the smart-alec side here, so please don't get offended! It's our way of being friendly. If we ain't dissin' ya, then you're either new, or we don't like you! :lol:
But some folks don't roll that way, which is why we want to try to keep the serious threads serious, and not keep dragging them off-course. You're fitting in fine, by the way! :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#7 Post by Shadowhntr »

Well explained guys, thanks.
Now, Slowly and surely, im going to begin to try to move trad related threads to their proper location. Please note: NOBODY HAS DONE ANYTHING WRONG....we have formerly made a practice of grouping everything in Campfire, and we are going to change it, and its nothing more then that. DO NOT GET OFFENDED IF THREADS GET RELOCATED. We are simply trying to organize, and build a better structure here for everyone. Please be patient as we go through these processes. THANKS!

ADDED: During movement of threads, if you feel like your thread was moved to the wrong forum, and think it would go better in another one, please PM me the Thread name, location, and where you think it would be better placed. Management will consider your request as a team, and then let you know our decision.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Thanks a bunch for all your work Jason, it appears that you have been a busy boy! I am greatful for the efforts you and Captain are putting forth to protect and improve this site. The spammers have really had you guys busy lately.
I repeat what Jason said; nobody has done anything wrong, the changes are just the result of listening to members concerns, and trying to make things better. All while battling spammers!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Jason, nice work on relocating the threads. Hats off to you on a job well done!
Aim small, miss small!

joe harrod1945

#10 Post by joe harrod1945 »

please delete my threads out of campfire.I did wrong my bad.

Return to “Campfire”