What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: What did you do today?

#241 Post by Carpdaddy »

Got up and ready early this morning, a few errands to run before funeral. Put my black suit on only to discover it had drawn up about two sizes!! Grabbed another one but the wifey-inspector made that face. She finally said we will stop by and pick one up on the way to the funeral home. I took my older one just in case. Struggling to find one that fit well I got a little nervous about the time so the wifey went for assistance. Finally I spotted one and headed to the register with it. I was cutting tags off as she was ringing it up. Rushed out to the car so proud and headed out. Suddenly the inspector yells; you bought a tuxedo Jacket, were not going to a prom!! (To be continued)

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#242 Post by Carpdaddy »

Arriving at the Church where the funeral was being held I changed back to my old jacket. Preached a service that just didn't seem right, that of a beautiful baby boy that was born one day and passed the next. After the service came a long slow drive to the cemetery, did the short graveside service, and finally got on my way. Did I mention the rain today? Anyhow; I finally got to stop for a hot dog, it was about 4:00, I hadn't ate since 6:30 this morning. Before my first bite my youngest daughter called and said my car quit! Luckily she was just leaving work and still in the parking lot. Got her home and car to a garage. Back to store then to exchange my tux for a suit, then home. Got home at 6 and left for Church a few minutes later. Got home around 9 and chilling out now. I know, I know; us preachers got it made, we don't have to work! :lol: :lol: :roll:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#243 Post by Captainkirk »

You'll never hear that outta me...
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#244 Post by Carpdaddy »

Aww ain't no thang Kirk, a little rigging won't hurt us. I was just joking about it because I heard it so much back when I was in full time ministry. I'm retired (ed) now but can't stop preaching and doing weddings or funerals, it's who I is!
I'm too old of a rat in the barn to be caught by a kitten.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#245 Post by Carpdaddy »

Climbed a few trees early, checked a few Cams, and ended the day at a few (two) different Church services.

Longtrad

#246 Post by Longtrad »

Been practice all the new stuff I learned and trying to get it built into muscle memory. One of the good things is that I have increased my draw by about an inch. One of the bad things is I need new arrows if I want to shoot broadheads and that means retuning arrows :( I think I may have to bump up to a 400 spine to shoot the point weight I like but we will see.

Longtrad

#247 Post by Longtrad »

I also got some pointers on my release and I have noticed the bow is a lot quieter now, That lesson was a big Aha moment for me. I wish I would have done it a lot sooner, better late than never I guess.

Longtrad

#248 Post by Longtrad »

I didn't get any deer tag this year so I am pondering weather to get an antelope tag or not. I was thinking about trying a blind over a water hole this year but the monsoonal rains have filled up all the low spots with water, just don't know yet...

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#249 Post by Carpdaddy »

Longtrad wrote:I also got some pointers on my release and I have noticed the bow is a lot quieter now, That lesson was a big Aha moment for me. I wish I would have done it a lot sooner, better late than never I guess.
Do tell! :ugeek: I'm all ears.

Shadowhntr

#250 Post by Shadowhntr »

Longtrad wrote:I also got some pointers on my release and I have noticed the bow is a lot quieter now, That lesson was a big Aha moment for me. I wish I would have done it a lot sooner, better late than never I guess.
There it is again. Archer discovers an unknown hard to detect release flaw. I'm telling you boys...fibd out what a good release is, and work on it. You will find it is likely the very core of inaccuracy and poor arrow flight.
Congratulations Long Trad....many never reach that point.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Campfire”