What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Shadowhntr

Re: What did you do today?

#256 Post by Shadowhntr »

Longtrad wrote:Been shooting at a bale up real close, under the porch light the last few evenings, still working on this whole form game. Tonight I thought I would try and figure out what kinda arrows I am going to need since most my others are too short now :( :P :P

After a bit of bare shafting it looks like something in the ball park of a 400 spine cut 28.75 with 250 grain tips

Going to keep practicing with this bare shaft and see if anything weird happens.

Sounds great Clay....hope it goes well. It takes some time to get it concreted so stay with it.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Shadowhntr

#257 Post by Shadowhntr »

Carpdaddy wrote:Trying to incorporate a few of those pointers Clay, saw some improvement today. Still getting some pluckers though, for some strange reason my string hand flies up and waves at the neighbors every so often! Started thinking about the golf ball, helped some but I forget. Plucking or jerking on release usually results in completely over shooting the target. But I did close the evening on a tight group at 30 yards.
Lol! Don't worry Tony I'm waving back at ya!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#258 Post by Captainkirk »

Blank bale really helps, Clay.
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#259 Post by Jamesh76 »

moved/trimmed/hung 6 stands today.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#260 Post by Captainkirk »

Me and my son took my granddaughter to the county fair today. It was a good day!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#261 Post by Carpdaddy »

Jamesh76 wrote:moved/trimmed/hung 6 stands today.
Careful; you may go to one of them and find a Shadowhntr there! :lol:

Even if I could ever find them...i wouldnt... even if I did, i couldnt.....most of his look way too high for a fat ol scaredy cat like me!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#262 Post by Carpdaddy »

Today I..... didn't preach! Very unusual for me, in fact probably the first Sunday missed since my surgery. Had some singers this morning and one of them was a preacher so I loosed him. Tonight I had several visiting ministers, I gave a young one the opportunity.

Longbowfanatic

#263 Post by Longbowfanatic »

I hung out with my son, who lives about two hours away, and he came home for about a day & a half. It was great to catch up with him! Then Sunday, My wife, my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and I went to a Chicago Cubs game. Lots of fun!

Shadowhntr

#264 Post by Shadowhntr »

Wow what a great time Dennis! Cherished that I'm sure!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#265 Post by Captainkirk »

Longbowfanatic wrote:I hung out with my son, who lives about two hours away, and he came home for about a day & a half. It was great to catch up with him! Then Sunday, My wife, my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and I went to a Chicago Cubs game. Lots of fun!
...and it was a beautiful weekend here, too!
Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing time! :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”