Lin Speed

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Lin Speed

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

By the way; how many coats do you use for a good finish Graps?

Graps

#12 Post by Graps »

That was 4 coats , steel wool between coats and the fifth coat was over the forth with no steel wool .
I have used the true oil but for the Bocote just wont accept it unless you put super glue on first .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

That looks outstanding!
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#14 Post by Graps »

The picture doesn't look good , it looks all bumpy at the top . But that's the reflection of the light through the tree . It is like glass .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#15 Post by Carpdaddy »

You are absolutely correct on the Bocote and Tru Oil Graps. I learned that myself the hard way on the Build along I did here on the ShadowCarp bow. I was not aware until then. Unfortunately PhotoPukeBucket took away the pictures in all my builds on here except the one I just finished, don't have that site to deal with anymore!

Return to “Campfire”