Ready for opening day ?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Longbowfanatic

Re: Ready for opening day ?

#11 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Captainkirk wrote:
Longbowfanatic wrote:
Captainkirk wrote:I haven't received my permit in the mail, so...no.
Dang it! Knowing what I know about the DNR, that's a leap of faith to do the mail in system for archery tags. I just use the OTC option for my archery tags. Hope they come before season opener, Kirk!
Well, this is the application for the Illinois Beach State Park archery hunt...application by mail only...and they don't tell you if you drew a permit until October 15th.
And if you don't draw one, they don't tell you. You just don't hear back from them. Kinda bogus, if you ask me. How hard is it to mail a postcard saying "Too bad, so sad, try again next year"? :roll:
Have you tried checking the online permit inquiry tab? You may be able to check there and there may be online info available. If not, get onto the IDNR website and email the deer permit division. Ask for a response of whether you received your permit or not. Bet they will tell you. If you have trouble, PM me. I may be able to contact some people I know to get an answer for you.

Graps

#12 Post by Graps »

Took a shovel and dug holes for the three legged chair to set into .
Was able to lower it by four inches .
I can shoot my 63" Flatline Bows Cardiac Arrest .
I might just be able to get my first Longbow deer . :D ;)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#13 Post by Carpdaddy »

A friend cut down the legs of his three legged chair, might be a thought if you move your blind.

Shadowhntr

#14 Post by Shadowhntr »

Did anyone else catch graps single arrow quiver? Outside of it being a great looking quiver, I've been told I'M confident with my 3 arrow quivers....but a single? You are THE MAN graps! 8-)
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#15 Post by Graps »

Jason , remember my bear encounter ?
I only had one arrow and a pissed off mama bear . :shock:

Really I carry two arrows in my GFA quiver and the one on my bow has the string tracker tied on to it .
That way I don't have to hook it up every time I go hunting .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#16 Post by Graps »

Buy the way , theirs lots of times that I don't need any arrow . :lol: :lol: :lol:

stumper

#17 Post by stumper »

Working on getting ready! Very excited!!!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

Got my seat lowered and my Flatline Bows Cardiac Arrest all ready to go .
I'll be in my blind Sunday .
Buy the way , this setup is what I learned from Jose Miller .
Attachments
IMG_20171007_104835301-640x360.jpg
IMG_20171007_104835301-640x360.jpg (82.56 KiB) Viewed 370 times

Return to “Campfire”