Another story begins

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Another story begins

#1 Post by stumper »

Well I know it has been some time since my last post, but I am never far from the forum or from a bow. Trad archery is a part of my blood and will never leave. I have been gearing up for the season like everyone else and should be finishing up some arrows tonight with Will for our first hunt together. On another note, my Son (Huckleberry, yes my son's name is in fact, Huckleberry) asked to go shooting in the backyard with Adelaide's little pup longbow and at the time circumstances did not allow. HOWEVER, I was able to convince the wife to let me order him his own Maddog pup for Christmas and I sent the order in today. Gonna be Osage riser with green glass. Pictures to come and I tell you what the Wife just told me she doesn't want to be left out either so probably gonna have to get her a bow also!!!!! This is what it is all about people. Speaking of Osage just an update on my self-bow project. I have abandoned the current piece of wood due to the smallness of the rings and basically doesn't seem to fit the bill based on what I have read in Dean Torges book. I will continue to study Hunting the Osage (probably should have done that, to begin with) and the goal will be to build two self-bows for next season for Will and I. For now, I am planning on pursuing this season will all my vigor and will be saving up for some high quality already aged pieces of Osage to continue this mission. Sometimes we must take a small step backward to take a giant leap forward. Hope you all are well!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

Re: Another story begins

#2 Post by Graps »

Nicely done , sounds like the bug is being contagious .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Sounds awesome on all accounts!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

It's a Family Affair!
Congrats, Dave!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”