Even a blind pig...

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Even a blind pig...

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in a while!

Illinois Beach State Park Archery Hunt 2017-2018

Congratulations!

You have been awarded a spot to hunt during the Illinois Beach State Park archery season 2017-2018. Details of your hunt will be coming in an individual email to each of you (or by mail if you didn't provide me with an email address or the email bounces back to me because I can't read your handwriting). You will receive your emails by the end of the week (please be patient).

There will be no hunter meeting this year. However, if you have questions please call the site or myself.

Good luck this season!

Stef

Stefanie Fitzsimons
District Wildlife Biologist (District 9)
Division of Wildlife
IL Department of Natural Resources
8916 Wilmot Road
Spring Grove, IL 60081
Office (815) 675-2386 ext 215
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

Re: Even a blind pig...

#2 Post by Crazynate »

That's awesome. Best of luck to you and that spot. Do you get time to go in there and scout? Or do you wing it once the season is open.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

That’s great Kirk! Best of luck to you.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

HOT DIGGTY DANG DOG!!!! YEEEE HAWWW!
I'm tickled PINK brother and am truly excited for you!!! Now....get back in there and do what you are 'spose ta! Let em get tight Kirk and send them pink fletchings through the goodies.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Crazynate wrote:That's awesome. Best of luck to you and that spot. Do you get time to go in there and scout? Or do you wing it once the season is open.
Once you are notified as to exactly WHERE your hunt is (North Beach or South Beach) you have until opening week (November 1st) to scout. Otherwise you may be intruding on other hunters' stand spots. If I draw North Beach again I will scout but I would plan on setting up in the same spot as last time unless someone else gets there first. It was a good spot. Since I ground hunt, I could probably 'wing it' if required. My spot is all the way at the far boundary (over a mile walk-in) so not too worried about the competition...most hunters (especially with heavy stands, etc) are by nature lazy, and choose a location close to the parking lot.
If I draw South Beach...uncharted waters for me.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

Hope you connect this year .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:Hope you connect this year .
This might sound strange, but connecting seems far less important than actually getting out there and giving it my best shot. At the end of the day that's what matters (although I sure do love a nice venison roast or stew)
Aim small, miss small!

Jose

#8 Post by Jose »

Yep the venison roast definitely tastes better than the bag target material!

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

We all know that getting out there is a major component of hunting. But somehow it never seems quite finished unless an animal is harvested at some point. For instance, what if a bow hunter hunted every year of his life for 50 years and never connected? Is it STILL good enough just to get out for the nature fix? ....I mean, we are hunting right? Couldnt the same nature fix take place without a bow and deer tag? Just sayin...
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

J. Holden

#10 Post by J. Holden »

Congratulations Capt. Hope your hunt is successful. What is the term of your permit? The public land I was chosen for is only good for a 5 day period. I'm curious how the state handles that piece of property.

-Jeremy

Return to “Campfire”