How's hunting?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Crazynate

How's hunting?

#1 Post by Crazynate »

2 weeks or so into MI bow season. I have only hunted a handful of times because of surgery but I have been seeing deer. I haven't had any shots yet. How's everyone else's season going? Anyone smack one down yet? Looking forward to hearing about it if you did. We had a warm spell here in MI but tonight it's about to change and get colder. I'll be in the woods tomorrow AM.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

stumper

Re: How's hunting?

#2 Post by stumper »

Went yesterday morning with Will. Didn't see any actual deer but lots of signs in the area. Hope for better luck next time.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

This is my third time out this year . I haven't seen anything yet , but I'm still getting some pictures on my trail cam .
With work and overtime I get one day week to hunt .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Not been as of yet. In fact....I just now returned from Wal-Mart getting tags for the boy and I. Now we can go if we get itchy...
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

I hunted Friday in a County not very far from me, hadn’t been there in several years. The deer all began coming out about the time I was putting my stuff up to climb down, too dark. Also took a small trip recently, I posted the trip here, it’s called a little hunting trip or something like that, took a Doe then.

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

Saw a button buck this evening . After about 10 minutes , he busted me and was off .
Nothing else that I know of .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Me; I'm keeping busy buildin' arra's...that's all I've got.
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#8 Post by Crazynate »

Cool. Hope it starts getting good for everyone. I'm looking forward to colder weather but it doesn't seem to be coming true anytime soon.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

I'm sure in a week or 2, deer sightings are gonna sky rocket. Hang in there everyone....its coming.

My theory on cold weather....there are plenty of whitetails that move hard and rut, in Texas, and even Mexico. It's always WAY warmer there, yet they rut and move hard none the less. That's because there is more to it then temperatures. Mark my words! :lol:
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

I hope you are right Jason , I'm taking a week off at the end of the month .
I plan on hitting it hard then .

Return to “Campfire”