How does Jose do it?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: How does Jose do it?

#11 Post by Captainkirk »

I'VE GOT IT!!!!
Jose', you sly fox...you are hanging a handicapped tag on your stand, aren't you? NO FAIR!!!
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#12 Post by stumper »

graps wrote:Jose, your not that short.
I agree, those deer are almost as big as a dary cow. :shock:
Put a "not to scale" sign on your pictures then...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5'6" here so I can make short jokes.....
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

Maybe Jose' is posing them button bucks with a "Mini Me".
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote:Maybe Jose' is posing them button bucks with a "Mini Me".
hand puppet....Maybe if I buy another bow from him... I'll get the luck?

Jose

#15 Post by Jose »

Captainkirk wrote:Maybe Jose' is posing them button bucks with a "Mini Me".
Now you figured out my second trick!!.... :lol:

Shadowhntr

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

You guys got it all wrong! Jose don't have no secrets or no magic.....He has good grounds to hunt, and more importantly he hunts smart and works hard. It also helps that he can put consistently a good shot on the game at crunch time. You add all those things together and you got ....well..JOSE!

Nice!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#17 Post by stumper »

Shadowhntr wrote:You guys got it all wrong! Jose don't have no secrets or no magic.....He has good grounds to hunt, and more importantly he hunts smart and works hard. It also helps that he can put consistently a good shot on the game at crunch time. You add all those things together and you got ....well..JOSE!

Nice!
And here I was beginning to buy into the Legend......

Shadowhntr

#18 Post by Shadowhntr »

Oh he's a legend alright...dont kid yourself... The man is a MASTER at putting a lethal hit on a game animal. That is one of the HARDEST things about Trad hunting.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Jose

#19 Post by Jose »

Shadowhntr wrote:Oh he's a legend alright...dont kid yourself... The man is a MASTER at putting a lethal hit on a game animal. That is one of the HARDEST things about Trad hunting.
No legend here :lol: just a short bald guy that loves to hunt and shoot Trad. In all seriousness Jason is right, I am fortunate to have access to some good hunting land. You can't shoot deer if you don't see deer. Since going to Trad I have had to change my hunting methods completely. I like my ambush spots about 15 yards away from where I think I will have the deer approach. Watching my skylight, only hunting locations if the wind is right, alternating approaches to the stand and watching deer behavior constantly. All things that help me be more successful than I was when shooting a wheelie bow with a much longer range.

Some areas I use stands and others I use blinds. When setting stands I try to have the tree between me and the animal upon approach. When using blinds I brush them in so nothing looks suspicious. I don't know if it is all important but I figure any little edge I can use I will.

Return to “Campfire”