Thankful

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Thankful

#1 Post by stumper »

Well, it's getting close to the Holidays and a recent death in the family of a youngin has caused me to reflect on things as of late. The longer I thought the more and more I realized I had to be thankful for.... Seriously a blessed guy right here. So since the forum seemed to be a little lacking in activity today, I thought we could start a Thanksgiving thread. Y'all are a great bunch and I am grateful for the forum. I mean I feel like I can come here with any sort of question and sometimes I get more than just awesome answers **thanks again crazynate!!** I feel like my blessings in life have tripled since getting back into trad archery..... My Family is healthy, more awesome bows than I can shoot at one time, and have sometime to get out and hunt too. Feel free to chime in and Happy Thanksgiving week peeps.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

Re: Thankful

#2 Post by Graps »

God bless the Tradhunter family.
I too have gone through some terrible losses in the past 9 years and the support of the Trad community had helped me a lot.
I have been blessed with good hunting property and my wife and I just got married in 2011 and we were both widowed.
The most amazing part about that is all of the kids like us both and that is rare for this kind of situation.
Happy Thanksgiving.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#3 Post by Crazynate »

I am always grateful for all the great people I talk with on these websites. You all are good people. Hope your thanksgivings go well for you and your families.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Jose

#4 Post by Jose »

As others, I'm thankful for my friends and family, and for all the good people of the Trad world. I am also thankful for my brothers and sisters in law enforcement. I have a steady job and my health is not getting worse right now. There are always things that could go better but really it could be so much worse. I feel I am truly blessed and have no right to complain. One thing I've noticed is no matter how bad something may seem someone always has it worse.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Wow...great idea!
I am thankful for so much...though I've had my health issues, I'm still kickin' and able to work. While my wife is disabled and can no longer work, her health issues are progressing slowly. I'm thankful for a little granddaughter who thinks the sun and moon rise and set on her grandpa. And I'm thankful for this great TH family that tolerate my baloney and encourage and mentor me to be a better person.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

I thankful that we have a time to remind us that we have much to be thankful for, it’s Thanksgiving time! I am thankful for God’s Continued Goodness in my life, for the miracles he has done for me, for his daily provision. I’m thankful to have physical strength enough to stand for him more. Thankful for the family he has given me, the many friends, and making me able to get out and enjoy his creation. Sorry if I sound a little preachy. Taught Sunday school this morning, preached the morning service, hurried to eat and get to the funeral home. Preached the funeral of a 92 year old faithful servant of the Lord, then back to Church to preach the evening service. Not too many years ago I couldn’t stand long enough to teach and preach in the same day! I may be worn out now but it’s better than rusting out! I’m thankful that God chose me to be a part of his great work.

Return to “Campfire”