Something to get you in the holiday spirit

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
dhaverstick

Re: Something to get you in the holiday spirit

#16 Post by dhaverstick »

My brother, Dale, is the banjo player. He's also a family physician. He jokes that he does the occasional surgery just to keep his fingers nimble for picking. He's a pretty fine song writer as well. The other two fellers, Bruce and Scott Bressler, are brothers that we grew up with. Their cousin, Sarah, plays the doghouse bass.

This is my favorite gospel tune that we do entitled, "Some Day". It was written by the band, Blue Highway. https://youtu.be/gKo4C9G2-Go

The song that I'm most known for is "Pearl's Song". I wrote it several years ago after being inspired by a conversation with my dad who is a houndsman through and through. It's been recorded by several bands with the one getting the most airplay being the rendition by Cedar Hill. They even got to sing it on the Grand Ole Opry a couple of years ago. That's pretty cool when you get to hear your song played on that stage! https://youtu.be/qEEEq_Jvo94

What we lack in talent we certainly make up for with enthusiasm!

Darren

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good song also Darren, great melody.

Mohawk

#18 Post by Mohawk »

That's great music right there! You guys got some out of this world sound!

Return to “Campfire”