Interesting viewpoint

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Interesting viewpoint

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Here is an interesting viewpoint that supports the stance of the hunter-gatherer:

https://www.vox.com/conversations/2017/ ... technology
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

Re: Interesting viewpoint

#2 Post by Longtrad »

very interesting, it also goes along with some theories that were presented at the Mesa Verde national park I visited a couple summers ago.

The park is basically bunch of cliff dwellings on an ancient indian civilization. They lived in the high cliffs and farmed on the mesa top. The interesting thing was that compared to skeleton remains of hunter gathers a little before them these cliff dwellers lived much shorter, and harder lives, their bones showed that they had to endure a great deal of hard physical labor that the hunter/gatherers did not. Some think they were forced into this life style either from lack of resources or war rather than choosing it because it was a more fruitful way of living.

Return to “Campfire”