My nefarious plan...

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

My nefarious plan...

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

OK, I know. Brainwashing is considered unethical in today's society. But I plead guilty... :shock:
I've mentioned before that my son Andrew is a die-hard compound hunter, my fault, as I bought him a High Country compound for Christmas when he was, I think, fourteen...took him to Hunter Safety and then took him hunting. It stuck.
Well, sometime after I got started back up in trad he got kinda interested and bought himself a very nice Kodiak Hunter 'Greenie'...but every time hunting season rolls around he gets all serious with the wheelie bows and leaves the KH hanging on the wall untouched. Recently I gave him all my back-issues of Trad Archer World and noticed he started talking about, and asking questions about shooting trad again. He mentioned all his woodies were damaged or broken. So, I gave him some of the arrows Shadow had gifted me, and as a surprise, I'm building him a half-dozen custom woodies for Christmas (he doesn't know yet). I surprised him by buying a second subscription in addition to mine of Traditional Bowhunter and are having them mailed to his house. I figure he will eventually crack under that kind of pressure and give trad hunting a whirl. 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: My nefarious plan...

#2 Post by stumper »

Haha well done. If all else fails make the wheels disappear somehow.....:lol:
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Crazynate

#3 Post by Crazynate »

lol he's a lucky kid to have a dad that teaches him about archery. That's awesome
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Here is a pic of him and his daughter after she won the Maddog Pup giveaway...pay no attention to that hat!

He's getting pressure from both sides!
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#5 Post by Crazynate »

That's sweet.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

The seed is planted and watered, I hope it grows greatly!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:The seed is planted and watered, I hope it grows greatly!
That's all we can do. Plant and water (which is what I'm doing now) and hope something sprouts.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

I don't Care what anyone says about Kirks looks....but that little girl is as darling as they come!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, the evil plot has come full circle. His arrows are done.

I based them loosely on the color scheme of the customs he ordered from CAS Custom Arrows a few years back...

The customs had all the same feathers, which I didn't like, so I chose 2 blue barred hens with a white cock feather. The blue Testor's was a bunch darker, but personally I like it better. I hope he does, too...

I had some issues with the Larch shafting. I much prefer cedar and will probably choose it for my next batch. The Larch shafts were not as straight and gave me some issues trying to keep the cresting lines straight and uniform. I can honestly see a Spinrite in my future if I keep this up. It's very frustrating to put all that time in and not have perfectly straight and uniform lines because of a little shaft wobble. I went very heavy on the Polycrylic this time; just a straight dip and drip. I left his arrows full length (32") so he can tune them.
Merry Christmas, kid!
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

Looking good.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Campfire”