A big thanks to Paul Jalon of Elite Arrows

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Longbowfanatic

A big thanks to Paul Jalon of Elite Arrows

#1 Post by Longbowfanatic »

I just had to share a great experience I had with Paul Jalon. I was planning to do some arrow tuning with wood arrows, so I was look at different archery companies test kit offerings. While doing so, I decided to give Elite Arrows a call. After several unanswered rings, I hung up. A few moments later, I received a return call from Paul Jalon. I explained my bow set-up and told him my choices for arrow spines. My buddy, Jeremy, had previously helped me with the Stu Miller calculator to narrow down these choices. After discussing this, Paul offered to build four shafts of different spines.These will be completely finished arrows: tapered, feathers, nocks, tips and cut to length, and he is going to ship them for free! What a guy! Paul and I spoke for almost 50 minutes and we had a great conversation. He discussed tuning techniques and a host of archery topics. IMO, as far as arrow spine tolerances go and the weight tolerances of Elite Arrows, they are as fine a custom arrow as is made today. Paul has earned my loyalty! From now on, if I am going to purchase custom made arrows they will be Elite Arrows.

Graps

Re: A big thanks to Paul Jalon of Elite Arrows

#2 Post by Graps »

It's always nice to do business with someone like that.
It's like a breath of fresh air. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Nice! Another vendor to add to the 'preferred' list!

http://elitearrows.com/

EDIT: after checking out his pricing, he is cheaper than the guy I was using before I started building my own.
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#4 Post by Crazynate »

He makes some real nice arrows.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Longbowfanatic

#5 Post by Longbowfanatic »

You're right, Nate. His spine tolerances of +/- 3# and weight tolerances of 10 grains shaft to shaft.

J. Holden

#6 Post by J. Holden »

Your arrows come in yet?!?!?!

Longbowfanatic

#7 Post by Longbowfanatic »

J. Holden wrote:Your arrows come in yet?!?!?!
Not yet. With the holidays, he said it would be a couple weeks before he could make them.

Return to “Campfire”