game changer

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
joe harrod1945

game changer

#1 Post by joe harrod1945 »

I having a severe bout with vertigo so no tree climbing for me .life is subject to change at any moment how you except those changes is how you survive in life.I have to change my game plan.vertigo has been bad the last 3 days so never give up.In time things will get better at least i am not 18''up a tree with vertigo.someone is trying to tell something.i hear an i obey.I believe with out a doubt i can kill a deer with my 4o# hybrid longbow in 15 yds on the ground.most of all i am going to have fun.maybe better than up a tree we will see.deer meat is the main reason for hunting.NO GUNS JUST LUCK.

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: game changer

#2 Post by Elkman »

Sorry to here that Joe.

You are a go getter and I know you will do just fine.
Hopefully the vertigo will taper down and ease off so you can get back in a tree stand sooner than later.

Good luck this season!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

In the tree or on the ground it's all fun. Good luck Joe.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Good luck Joe. I hope and pray the vertigo subsides and remains in control.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Best of luck to you, Joe. Sitting on the ground ain't so bad.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

I'm grounded my own self.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Sorry to hear that Joe, said a prayer for your healing. The challenge has just been increased for a time, enjoy the hunt however you can.

White Falcon

#8 Post by White Falcon »

You made a good decision.

joe harrod1945

#9 Post by joe harrod1945 »

vertigo came on me quick so no more trees for me. :cry: by gones are long gone so sad :cry: I have a game plan hunt in a blind.Hunt out of the weather rain,wind,cold,an snow.nice comfortable chair to set in.today i am feeling better.I can hunt any location i want to.the blind keeps the scent down so 15 yds shot is not impossible.My grandson hunts out of a blind an kills deer.get down wind of the trails i think it will be alright.carry in carry out.never the same location.I guess it will be easier than tree hunting.I am blessed with plenty of hunting grounds wma,an private.now i need to kick myself in butt an go for it.less worry for my wife of 53 years .thanks my buddies for the concern.

Longtrad

#10 Post by Longtrad »

Sorry to hear about your vertigo Joe, but looking on the bright side, at least you are still able to hunt. I have never used a tree stand myself as I have a hard time putting much trust in those glorified ladders, but I understand people have much higher percentages out of them.

I enjoy ground hunting, not only for the safety but also for the mobility. I am sure you will find a ground hunting system that works well and will bring home the venison this season.

Return to “Campfire”