The Veer option.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Shadowhntr

Re: The Veer option.

#21 Post by Shadowhntr »

I get it in my wrist anytime I do anything repetitive, or with vibration...like using a hand grinder, tilling, weed eating, shoveling, or bow shooting, for instance. I also get "tennis elbow" which it has got bad enough I cant even grip a glass of water (or anything else similar) and pick it up. It comes and goes...I get tingling, numbness, as well as sharp unrelenting throbbing pains when its flared up and yes I've been to the Dr over it many times. I get a sore area in the protruding arm bone above my actual elbow. Both my elbows and wrist have gotten worse over the last 5 years.
I started 4 years ago using braces and wraps both to help with pain and healing, as well as wearing them as a prevention when I'm doing anything that could cause a flare up. Its helped keep it to a minimum but it wont make it go completely away. The Dr is the one who told me to use them and I dont think I could make it through some of those flare ups without them. Had a bit of one just a few weeks ago.

Personally I'd skip the stretching it makes it worse often. Do ice, and alternate heat once in a while, and use an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen steady for 3 or 4 days. You need to get some support on the convective tissues or you'll just keep them inflamed....at least for a while until you get rid of the inflammation and then you can start building your strength and such then.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#22 Post by stumper »

Shadow yeah, took a bunch of Advil and put a little pressure on the tendons and that greatly relieved the pain. Yes, the pain like you say was to the point where I could barely pick up a glass of water, also had a pretty bad bit of tennis elbow earlier this year and it stuck around for three weeks. I'm thinking it may be the string tying, to be honest with all the twisting and tying I am doing. Takes a fair amount of pressure and good tight twisting to make a decent string... Gonna make a string tomorrow and we shall see if I get a flair up.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

stumper

#23 Post by stumper »

Looks like I have tendinitis and the main culprit is string tying. After I fulfill my part of the give away, I’ll be taking a hiatus for a bit...
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#24 Post by Shadowhntr »

Dang I was just going to order 6 strings........kidding!

Get better Dave....and when you do I seriously am going to hit you up for a couple. Let me know when you are healed up.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#25 Post by Captainkirk »

Dave, I mentioned to you that I was gonna order a spare for each of my bows, one at a time. The offer still stands but I can wait until you've healed.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”