Feather weight.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Feather weight.

#1 Post by stumper »

Been on the search for a feather weight setup, I dusted off my prairie predator and did some tuning. I forgot how great this bow shoots!! As for the handle finish kinda wearing off I am giving the bow a fresh coat of wax and am gonna put a grip on it. Really digging this setup and at 56” with 1 inch wide limbs it doesn’t get lighter. Looked at mikes site today and he has brought back the machete recurve. Hmmm any suggestions for making money appear in your back account?
Attachments
73D4B3B3-A81D-4151-B4BD-44993F928521.jpeg
73D4B3B3-A81D-4151-B4BD-44993F928521.jpeg (103.18 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Feather weight.

#2 Post by Elkman »

Very nice!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Jamesh76

#3 Post by Jamesh76 »

I have had 5 or 6 of his bows. Only one did I really like alot and I foolishly sold it to Jason's friend. They all are different. Different feel,grip sometimes he uses a different form etc. Not one is a like. They are good light mass weight bows, shoot pretty good also. Most people like them. I have been debating on ordering a new one.

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

See shortly after I got pp I became fascinated with the slick stick which I still think is bar none the best bow out there for the money. But will is using my slick stick at the moment because he broke his by leaving it strung in a hot car all day, against my advice I should add. While he gets it warrantied I wanted to use a shorter bow so on a wimm I shot an arrow I tuned for my 50 lb bear through it and it flew absolutely perfectly. I just forgot how good it shoots or I never gave it a good shot to begin with. It has some brown glass on it and until recently, I didn’t care for. The mango Vaneers looks awesome though and mike did a really good job on the bow.

White Falcon

#5 Post by White Falcon »

Nice!

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

It's a nice looking bow. I don't know anything about them.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Greg Felty

#7 Post by Greg Felty »

Very nice bow. I picked up one of mikes bows for my Grand son.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

They are good shooting bows graps but do not have the quality finish of say one of Toms or Jose’s bows. Though they are only about 300 bucks.

I think I paid about 300 to my door for the bow because I won the vaneers on the other site before I came to this one.

Greg I have two of his kids longbows for my little ones. For 95 bucks you can’t beat them and they really fling an arrow.

Greg Felty

#9 Post by Greg Felty »

I like a little weight to my bows. I just picked up an old Pearson Raider today. It has a phenolic and rosewood riser.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Longtrad

#10 Post by Longtrad »

those prairie predators are super light, I think my 60 incher was just under a pound if I remember right.

Return to “Campfire”