Check out this old gal.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Check out this old gal.

#1 Post by Graps »

I have been seeing her for a few years now.
And trust me, she is a smart one. She will bust me every time before I see her.
The Dow to the right is an average sized deer.
See her in the yard near the house once in a while too.
This is the first picture of her that has a reference to another mature deer with her to see just how tall she is.
IMG_0093~01~01.jpg
IMG_0093~01~01.jpg (121.67 KiB) Viewed 40 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

Re: Check out this old gal.

#2 Post by White Falcon »

They do get smart. Not to hijack, just sharing. This doe has been coming by for years also. Her yearling fawn, buck, has some buttons already. They feel safe in my yard to sleep.
Attachments
DSCN2542.JPG
DSCN2542.JPG (68.42 KiB) Viewed 36 times
DSCN2540.JPG
DSCN2540.JPG (64.11 KiB) Viewed 36 times
DSCN2539.JPG
DSCN2539.JPG (115.54 KiB) Viewed 36 times

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

My wife calls her Big Mama.
I have seen some of her fawn in the first part of September and I would guess them to field dress around 90#.
I wouldn't be surprised if this old gal would dress at near or over 200#. My brother in law got a huge buck that went 225# and this doe looks about as big as that buck.
The big problem with her, she kicks her buck fawn out of the country so I don't get a chance to see them when they mature.
There are a couple of does that are her fawns and they are big now too but not quite as tall. And they have been sticking around.
Another neat thing about her, she always has triplets every year.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Interesting! She looks as big as the doe I miffed the shot on (shot under her) a few years back. Nearly as big as a horse. I misjudged the distance due to her size (never should have taken the shot...paced off to over 35 yards)
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”