Stripping the k-mag

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
joe harrod1945

Stripping the k-mag

#1 Post by joe harrod1945 »

I do not understand why you would cover up the natural grains an the beauty of a k-mag.The bow has reddish color riser with black lamination limbs.Drilled an tapped for bear quiver.The bow came with a nice leather quiver.I started with enamel thinner then went paint thinner.This fun job will take time no hurry enjoy why you can.First time missing deer gun season for over 50 years.Just too cold for me maybe later.I am not that big a fan any more.It is strange how things change.When you get older your decision making changes.I do not get a trill out of a gun any more but i miss the meat.vertigo has subsided for now.I think i over done it an that is what caused it you can not push it your mind says yes your body says no.life is full of changes how we except those changes is how we survive in life.Pride can be a killer.GOD SAYS HE HATES A PRIDE FULL PERSON.If you do not humble yourself before god then things start to go wrong in your life.As a christian you have to love other people more than you love your self.But that is not working in today society.Every one is out for them selves.you never get too old to learn.

Graps

Re: Stripping the k-mag

#2 Post by Graps »

That k-mag is like a lot of people.
Has a covering that hides what is inside.
I myself understand about not being able to do what I used to.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

I too look at the fields and woods lines as I drive by. I wonder why the call of the Fall season that drove my Dad, and his Dad before him and me for so many years, has mellowed. I may wonder, but I know why. I was graciously spared the grieving of not being able to hunt the fields and hills and deeper woods in my later years, by another call. I too miss the freezer full of venison, as do many in the family, but I'm even more thankful for what the Lord has done in this new life He has called me to.

As you restore the beauty of an old k-mag, may the Lord restore you even more.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

joe harrod1945

#4 Post by joe harrod1945 »

My buddy came in from corbin an i showed him one of my climbing stands.He wanted it so he offered the k-mag.It is starting to look like a bear bow it is pretty wood.I Think woodies would shoot better in this bow.

Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly »

Anxiously waiting on photos.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

joe harrod1945

#6 Post by joe harrod1945 »

going to try to learn how. :)

joe harrod1945

#7 Post by joe harrod1945 »

please delete this thread i have finished the k-mag.Do not want to be a problem thanks

Graps

#8 Post by Graps »

Nope, not going to do it.
🤪😋😉👍
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

I'm not pressing for pictures because I know how confusing that can get. Laying that aside I'd sure like to see your Kmag and your work somehow. Sounds like a pretty bow.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Grizzly

#10 Post by Grizzly »

Don't let the pictures thing bother you, Joe. If I didn't have the Grandkids around to move photos onto the computer or copy them on the printer, I probably wouldn't fool with them either. The important thing is you brought the beauty of the wood back for you to enjoy it more.

Return to “Campfire”