Best Friend

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Best Friend

#1 Post by Graps »

They say to have one true friend in your life you have been blessed . I had such a friend in my best friend Mike . He was the one that would stick with me even in the bad times . We spent countless days hunting and fishing . We had some good laughs , some crisis's , bountiful harvests and days with nothing at all .
Last spring he lost the fight with a heart valve infection .
He was more hard core than I when it came to traditional archery. His idea of a modern arrow is if the feathers are actually glued down .
Most of our outings would include what Mike called " cridder du jour " whitch was the catch of the day cooked on the fire .
Nap time would be propped up against a " bark o lounger " .
He is missed .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

woodsman

Re: Best Friend

#2 Post by woodsman »

I've lost several good friends but they'll always remain in my memories. None were best friends, as yours was… I feel your great loss..

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Sorry for your loss, Dale. Good hunting buddies are hard to come by. I'm sure he would want you to keep his memory strong by hunting. I'm also sure he's there in the stand with you.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Sorry you suffered such a loss, but thank you for sharing some of those memories with us. It is evident that you were close and that you will continue to miss and remember him, especially during the hunting season.

Lectrajack

#5 Post by Lectrajack »

Mike was a great guy. I remember him telling me stories of when he saw Sasquatch. I never knew if he was just pulling my leg or not. I'm so glad you had a best friend. Not everyone is gifted one in the womb like me and Andy.

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

He was not kidding about the sasquatch .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Why didn't he shoot it, I wonder?
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#8 Post by Graps »

The story was he was walking back to his camp and it was dark to the point where you can see the tree line but not the ground . He said the creature ran across they 2 track he was walking and jumped the road with one step . whitch would be about 15 feet .

bronco2

#9 Post by bronco2 »

dang, keep that thing out there with you fellas....lol

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

TTT

Return to “Campfire”