Hey ground hogs

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Hey ground hogs

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

Or ground hunters. What do you guys sit on? Is there a good comfortable seat that you use that is light and easy to carry? I have a little fold out triple legged stool that I used the few times that I hunted from a ground blind, fits in the pack with the blind or snaps on your belt. Got another one from a discount store that folds flat and fits in your pocket, that rascal cost me a whopping three bucks! I just can't see you guys sitting long term in any seats that I own, so what do you use?

Graps

Re: Hey ground hogs

#2 Post by Graps »

I like two 5 galon plastic buckets stacked inside each other with the lid on the top one .
Gives a good height and with my foam hunting seat its not to bad .
Quiet also , but I don't carry them every time I go out . Leave them where I hunt and just carry the foam pad seat .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

I have a fold-up seat (four-legged) with fabric in the middle. It's not too comfortable by itself but I carry a cushy camo pillow in my pack to set on it. And me with my bad back can sit for pretty much a half day without much trouble, at least this year! I will try to get a photo for you.
Oh, it also has a built-in sling to throw it over my shoulder.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Been wanting to give it another try but I just can't get past my love for being in a tree. My past experiences have resulted in being busted, guess I just can't sit still enough without being up.

Graps

#5 Post by Graps »

Even the nuts come out of the trees eventually .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good point Graps.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:Even the nuts come out of the trees eventually .
Most of them fall out.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Don't worry; I will come out after January 15th.

Graps

#9 Post by Graps »

I just don't enjoy tree snyping .
Have you ever considered pit blinds ?

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

[quote="graps"]
Have you ever considered pit blinds ?[/quote
Yes; just yesterday going into the woods Mark was showing me where deer had been coming out from around a pond. There were no good trees there and Mark pointed out a big ditch that would be a good place. I ask my 10 year old if he wanted to go and if he had I would have probably used it. But it was just me and the trees were calling.

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”