My new Hunting stragedy for this season

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

My new Hunting stragedy for this season

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

:roll: This will be my first year ever if things do not change but here is where I’m at....
No stands set, didn’t even take them down last season.
No trail cams set, no minerals, baiting, or feeding, and no scouting at all! This could be my year!! :mrgreen:

Graps

Re: My new Hunting stragedy for this season

#2 Post by Graps »

That's how I do it.
Works great.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

joe harrod1945

#3 Post by joe harrod1945 »

I agree 100% take what comes an enjoy.i look forward to many conversations with you.when the first cold snap hits i know where you will be in them woods.you never get to old to learn enjoy my friend

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Sometimes it boils down to being at the right place at the right time.
Aim small, miss small!

joe harrod1945

#5 Post by joe harrod1945 »

I agree 100% wisdom out weights the work.

joe harrod1945

#6 Post by joe harrod1945 »

i need to hunt lite so i can go in farther to get away from the croud in wma.my new climbing stand weights 15lbs.the stand before weighted 30lbs.short hunts 2 to 3 hrs over game trail or acorns. only hunting the same area ounce a week.their is 940 acres in this area all trees.one access,no roads close to wma except one.alot of acrons .morning hunts mostly until colder weather.it is all walk in no avts.you have to work for your deer so that will leave most hunters out.their are hills an ridge tops.that leaves most hunters out.never go in the same way.use the wind.have fun an enjoy.

Shadowhntr

#7 Post by Shadowhntr »

Dont worry Tony, you've been hunting your spots for years. You already know what you need to know. Same applies to the old saying, "work smarter not harder",....well, "hunt smarter not harder"....😄
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

I'm going for a walk in the woods with all my stuff, if I see something then maybe we can call it hunting.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Arcuites

#9 Post by Arcuites »

Flemish Dave wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:18 pm I'm going for a walk in the woods with all my stuff, if I see something then maybe we can call it hunting.
Ditto Dave ! Lost my traditional hunting grounds, so hunting the creek bottom behind my house. Let's see what happens.

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”