Every practice dont go well

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Every practice dont go well

#16 Post by Carpdaddy »

Mitch Edwards wrote:Very well done. Wish I had your skill
Thanks Mitch; but with my skill you might effectively pick your nose. :lol: :oops:
I do enjoy tinkering in the off season and usually build at least one for the next season.

Jose

#17 Post by Jose »

:? Oh, ah.....ya.....I don't shoot good groups like that.... Um, just because I don't want to damage my arrows. :lol:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#18 Post by Carpdaddy »

I shared this before but the key is to be selective as to when to take a picture. Notice I only stated earlier that I didn't do as well from 15 yards, no pictures though! :oops:

Shadowhntr

#19 Post by Shadowhntr »

CD, you might fool the new guys, but you aint foolin the rest of us. You just dont "accidentally" launch a 30 yard group like that! Quit being so modest!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#20 Post by Carpdaddy »

Okay; so next time I'll post the 15 yard group. :mrgreen:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#21 Post by Captainkirk »

You ain't foolin' me, Tony. I know you got rare earth magnets under them points and a six inch steel plate behind the target butt...oops, wasn't s'posed to say nuffin'... :oops:
Aim small, miss small!

Ole Dave

#22 Post by Ole Dave »

Carpdaddy wrote:I shared this before but the key is to be selective as to when to take a picture. Notice I only stated earlier that I didn't do as well from 15 yards, no pictures though! :oops:
Some years back, I read where a guy was at one of the big national shoots and folks were taking turns "guarding" (babysitting) the kid's range so the other parents could go shoot a course.

Guy comes back to find his way young son with an ineradicable group..

When asked how he did that, the kid (tyke) just shrugs and said, "it was easy, I just kept pulling the bad ones and reshooting till they were all good!"

Out of the mouth of babes... AT 30 yards, that will be my story from here on out till I get groups that good!
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#23 Post by Captainkirk »

Ole Dave wrote:
Carpdaddy wrote:I shared this before but the key is to be selective as to when to take a picture. Notice I only stated earlier that I didn't do as well from 15 yards, no pictures though! :oops:
Some years back, I read where a guy was at one of the big national shoots and folks were taking turns "guarding" (babysitting) the kid's range so the other parents could go shoot a course.

Guy comes back to find his way young son with an ineradicable group..

When asked how he did that, the kid (tyke) just shrugs and said, "it was easy, I just kept pulling the bad ones and reshooting till they were all good!"

Out of the mouth of babes... AT 30 yards, that will be my story from here on out till I get groups that good!
We've been employing that practice for years here, Dave!
Consider my recent post in "Up Nawth"...
Yep, I shot this group at 20 yards, third group of the day.
I 'forgot' to take pictures of some of the groups that followed, though....

Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#24 Post by Carpdaddy »

Okay; as the title says... Every practice don't go well. Here was today 15-30 yards. Caution; this ain't for the faint of heart.. 8-)
Oh it gets better...

Shadowhntr

#25 Post by Shadowhntr »

Ok Tony, which was which?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Practice/Training”