Bow tuning

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Bow tuning

#21 Post by Carpdaddy »

Okay; shot some arrows with the new fast flight string this evening. Not much time but every shot was a quite thump as it should be! Now since I made more than one change I gots ta figure out what did it! :mrgreen: I'm just happy right now! :P

Mohawk

#22 Post by Mohawk »

:lol: That's great news CD! That has got to be the sweetest feeling of satisfaction.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#23 Post by Carpdaddy »

First thing I did was to pad the loops when making this string. It is a fast flight and I added two strands of B50 in each loop. Probably not the issue but I didn't want it breaking should it continue. Second thing I caught was that I had not cut this grip as deep resulting in me shooting low wrist sometimes. When I caught myself I filed the grip a little deeper, yep I get to finish it again for the third time! I have a little piece of rubber stuck on to remind me to keep my wrist straight.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#24 Post by Carpdaddy »

Here's what I think may have done more than anything else. I did rubber silencers instead of the puff balls and spaced them according to the directions listed above in this thread. I tried first by tying rubber bands on the string and sliding them up and down. Then I dug out some fancy silicon jig skirts from my fishing tackle and put them in place. :mrgreen:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#25 Post by Carpdaddy »

Now I can focus on my shooting rather than shooting just to listen for a sound! Tried a few at 20 yards, three out of four not bad. The one to the right is a 600 spine with 225 up front. The other two 600 spines have 175 & 200 grain up front. The one 500 spine in center has 250 grain tip. Just hoping it continues, now I'm shooting three under again mostly.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#26 Post by Captainkirk »

Ya wouldn't catch me complaining about that sort of shooting...unless it was at 5 yards!
Aim small, miss small!

nm41mag

#27 Post by nm41mag »

A bow is not all I shoot. I only qualify once a year with a service side arm, so I practice some in case I ever need it. Heck I even practice with Rifles on occasion.

Return to “Practice/Training”