Need advice on focus...

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Need advice on focus...

#16 Post by Carpdaddy »

On the last I would shoot about every third time drawing, saw some improvement on my first time trying it. :idea: Funny how you can know something but not do it until someone points it out to you again. :ugeek:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:On the last I would shoot about every third time drawing, saw some improvement on my first time trying it. :idea: Funny how you can know something but not do it until someone points it out to you again. :ugeek:
You have too many bows. Just pointing it out to you... 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

Mohawk

#18 Post by Mohawk »

Captainkirk wrote:
Carpdaddy wrote:On the last I would shoot about every third time drawing, saw some improvement on my first time trying it. :idea: Funny how you can know something but not do it until someone points it out to you again. :ugeek:
You have too many bows. Just pointing it out to you... 8-)
:lol: :lol: Solid point Captain!

Jose

#19 Post by Jose »

Let me know if you need to get any of those off your hands...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#20 Post by Carpdaddy »

Gosh there are some nice guys around here! :mrgreen:
Anyhow: I shot more this evening and this letting down without shooting thing is challenging but helping. I will continue to do it every chance I get, I am shooting every third to fourth arrow. The negative is that my shoulders are hurting even though I shot less arrows! The positive is that I shot a pretty good 30 yard group before leaving.

Shadowhntr

#21 Post by Shadowhntr »

Awesome Tony. I know it's a lot of extra work, but in the end it is really worth it to get back on track. It helps me a ton when I begin to snap shoot. Of course my definition of snap shooting, is dropping the string before you are truly ready, no matter the speed of the shot cycle.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Tradman

#22 Post by Tradman »

You have to take yourself into another realm of reality...For instance...I got laid off from work for 2 weeks so I suggested to the boss lady at home that I may as well go fishin for a few days and not waste this nice bonus vacation.She told me to keep on dreamin,there is plenty of yard work to do and lots of other stuff....So...I am now in a different realm of reality..... :(
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Tradman

#23 Post by Tradman »

I try and light the spot I am staring at on fire with my lazer vision.Keep staring until your arrow hits.You have to clear your mind of all else but your shooting.Its hard to master but it can be done.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#24 Post by Carpdaddy »

"Keep starring until your arrow hits" Hum, my eye seems to automatically go to the flying arrow elsewhere. I got to work on this one.

Shadowhntr

#25 Post by Shadowhntr »

Haha! L is right though....even if the arrow goes off course, keep your eyes on the spot. The trick is, over emphasizing the focus, as well as follow through. Slight eye shifting or early relaxation will cause various degrees of loose grouping (or with one arrow it will be scattered where its hitting). It seems ridiculous to do, but im shooting my best when my form after the shot and my eye fixation is deliberately held for 3 seconds after release.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Practice/Training”