The Daily Grind

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Graps

Re: The Daily Grind

#16 Post by Graps »

Wow Nate , that could have been a very bad situation . Glad you guys were on it .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

Must I show my hard work. This is what I do now in my old age. :roll:
I worked many years underground as a miner. I am a Mine Forman, mine electrician, and done most every other underground job. Did that until I became a full time minister at a Church. Now in my older and not so healthy years I help out a smaller Church in my County.
A few pictures... (I'm the young good looking one in the middle)!
Attachments
IMG_4149.JPG
IMG_4149.JPG (87.47 KiB) Viewed 2124 times
IMG_5045.jpg
IMG_5045.jpg (85.05 KiB) Viewed 2124 times

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Dang, Tony...you clean up nice! 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

Crazynate wrote:I work for the local gas company here in SW Michigan. My crew responds to broken services, leaks, lots of house fires where our gas has ignited and lots of other emergencies relating to gas leaks. This picture is of my partner I was digging with the hoe. Lightning struck a tree and it went down through the roots and jumped on our copper wire that's by our service and it ignited. We were digging trying to find it so we could pinch it off. Image
:shock: :shock: :shock: Is that tree...burning?
Aim small, miss small!

J. Holden

#20 Post by J. Holden »

Thank you all for the appreciation of what I do. I will say that now a days I believe the police have it much more rough out on the streets than we do.

-Jeremy

Shadowhntr

#21 Post by Shadowhntr »

Captainkirk wrote:Dang, Tony...you clean up nice! 8-)
He's too purty to be an ol trad shootin hillbilly minister....
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#22 Post by Captainkirk »

Once again I found myself sitting at the kitchen table at 3:30am wolfing down a hurried breakfast with a hot cup o' joe wondering "Who in their right mind is up at this hour?" and then it dawned on me...nobody. :shock:
But it pays the bills, I guess. :roll:
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#23 Post by Carpdaddy »

What great memories you brought back Kirk! (NOT)
Done it too many times as I prepared to go underground in the coal mines! The only positive I found was that the traffic was not an issue at that hour.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#24 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:What great memories you brought back Kirk! (NOT)
Done it too many times as I prepared to go underground in the coal mines! The only positive I found was that the traffic was not an issue at that hour.
That's true. While driving in this morning there is a lighted sign over the tollway that displays safety info. Today the sign said "Texting while driving is illegal". I wondered aloud, "What about sleeping while driving...?" :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#25 Post by Crazynate »

Captainkirk wrote:
Crazynate wrote:I work for the local gas company here in SW Michigan. My crew responds to broken services, leaks, lots of house fires where our gas has ignited and lots of other emergencies relating to gas leaks. This picture is of my partner I was digging with the hoe. Lightning struck a tree and it went down through the roots and jumped on our copper wire that's by our service and it ignited. We were digging trying to find it so we could pinch it off. Image
:shock: :shock: :shock: Is that tree...burning?
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”