Let's see those DIY game carts

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Shadowhntr

Re: Let's see those DIY game carts

#11 Post by Shadowhntr »

eidsvolling wrote:
Shadowhntr wrote:Very nice build!! I ended up needing one at the moment...so I bought mine too. I mostly quarter and pack out now days
Thanks. I've got one of these as well: http://www.eberlestock.com/store/x2-pack I wouldn't want to haul the constituent parts of an elk out with it, but deer quarters or boned-out meat are feasible.
Really great looking pack! One of these days I've gotta upgrade to something like this, from my fiber tuff trapping pack basket and garbage bags!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Mohawk

#12 Post by Mohawk »

Shadowhntr wrote:
Captainkirk wrote:
Mohawk wrote:Very nice build! My game cart is Shadow. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Either you pay him well, or you've got some real dirt on him! :?
.....or both????
:? Hmmmm, I don't recall ever paying him. :lol:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

Mohawk wrote: :? Hmmmm, I don't recall ever paying him. :lol:
Are you missing any power tools or other items of value? :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#14 Post by Shadowhntr »

Actually, he miss led you all a hair. I can't remember dragging out one of his deer in 25+ years of friendship. :oops:
However I can remember at least 4 he helped me with...one of the most weather miserable was just last year. Any time he knows I'm butchering if he can at all make it, he is there. He helped me through 6 hours of solid work a couple weekends ago butchering a hog. Most times I don't even ask, he just makes plans to come even on the spur of the moment. Not to mention the risk and hours of work helping me get down that huge ash tree threatening my house.
Anyway, the only time he felt he needed to pay me was a few times for gas money when we went turkey hunting. I argued and it's still not over..... because I've never carted anything of his. I come to find out most times he has done it himself. You'd almost think he is privy and caring about my back condition. Nope....you all will do well to have someone that special as a friend.

Mohawk

#15 Post by Mohawk »

Wow, what a shining endorsement! I'm quite (undeservedly) honored by those words Shadow! Truth behind it is, I've yet to harvest a deer that I couldn't drag out and throw in the truck. :lol: :oops:
Ol Shadow, is just a hoot to be around! I always get a good amount of enjoyment lending a hand to folks that I consider brothers and sisters, so doing such things is actually selfish on my part. Besides that, I get to experience for next time. :D

Kirk, what few items I have of any value, I'd miss in a hurry! One especially being a Maddog bow that Shadow just handed over to me!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

Know what? I can believe it. Ol' Shadow is too much fun just around here on the forum. In person, well...I could only imagine. But that pretty much goes for all you guys. What a top-notch bunch of human beings!
Aim small, miss small!

Mohawk

#17 Post by Mohawk »

:D Yeah this is a great group on here!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Mohawk wrote::D Yeah this is a great group on here!
Glad you saw fit to join us, Jim!
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#19 Post by Shadowhntr »

Group hug! Lol!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#20 Post by Carpdaddy »

I'm blushing! :oops:

Return to “DIY section”