Discovery and money saving

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Discovery and money saving

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

After shooting the new bow these last few days I picked up the ShadowCarp bow again. While shooting it I couldn't help but think that there was no way this bow is only one pound or less in draw weight. I checked the new one at 43-44#, put the ShadowCarp on and hit 40# exactly. That explained the difference my arms feel! :lol: I must have checked it before final sanding and rounding of edges. Either that or I didn't use the AMO standards when checking. Either way I'm happy. :mrgreen:
So I got to wondering if I could possibly use some of my old 400 spine arrows laying in a case doing nothing with this new bow. I put 300 grain up front and took them out to play. Did very well, The bareshaft kicked the nock end right but it was only a 28 1/2" arrow. The point hit right on target. The rest were 29, and 30", all with fletching but flew nice.
So how did I save money you may be wondering? I was shooting at a penny and never touched it! :oops: Shots were 15 and then 20, didn't shoot bareshaft at 20 though, it was the first one I shot. In the picture it hit low but my first shot with it was at a pine cone and I hit it although the Nock was to the right.
Attachments
IMG_5055.jpg
IMG_5055.jpg (142.89 KiB) Viewed 881 times
IMG_5054.jpg
IMG_5054.jpg (119.11 KiB) Viewed 881 times

Shadowhntr

Re: Discovery and money saving

#2 Post by Shadowhntr »

What did you think the ShadowCarp poundage was before today?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

That looks like a shiny new Lincoln , why would you want to shoot it ?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:That looks like a shiny new Lincoln , why would you want to shoot it ?
He's one of those statue-tearing-down protesters that want to pretend the Civil War never happened.
LOL
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

When I checked the ShadowCarp it was 42#, but must have been before finishing.
The shiny penny was safe! :cry: :lol:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Before dark this evening I slipped out to settle the score with a shiny Lincoln, but this time I was serious, I took a couple broadheads. I was content with their flight but decided not to kill the penny. I was inspired by Graps story about lining his broadheads so that they go between the ribs, on both sides! So instead of shooting the penny I only cut the tape off the edge of it, had to have my broadhead flat upon impact to accomplish this! :lol: :mrgreen:
See what an inspiration you are Graps. :idea:
Attachments
IMG_5077.jpg
IMG_5077.jpg (85.44 KiB) Viewed 867 times

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

As it got dark I thought since I couldn't see the other penny that it would be fair to shoot at it. I shot a few but couldn't see where I hit until I got up close. That's when I discovered that Lincoln had cheated and turn sideways on me. I had two arrows down there that should have been hits. I guess he wanted to make it a little more challenging! :lol: :cry:
Attachments
IMG_5075.jpg
IMG_5075.jpg (85.68 KiB) Viewed 867 times

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

He's already been shot once, at the Ford's Theater. A man shouldn't have to suffer the same fate twice.
No wonder he turned. Shame on you, Tony.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

Poor fellow, today the ShadowCarp took a stab at him. I'm convinced he dodges!
Attachments
IMG_5082.jpg
IMG_5082.jpg (147.34 KiB) Viewed 855 times

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

Oh well; I'll sharpen my broadhead back up and see if the Deer are more cooperative tomorrow evening. :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_5085.jpg
IMG_5085.jpg (65.18 KiB) Viewed 855 times

Return to “Practice/Training”