We raised some money for the Wounded Warriors today

A charity to raise funds for wounded soldiers to go on hunts
Forum rules
Please give what you can wheather it be a cash donation or items for auction.
bjorn

We raised some money for the Wounded Warriors today

#1 Post by bjorn »

We held our annual WW shoot today. We raised 600 dollars for a very worthy cause, and had a great time.

cyberscout

Re: We raised some money for the Wounded Warriors today

#2 Post by cyberscout »

Bjorn --
Great cause, nice to see support for veterans this time around, and you get to have fun shooting bows while your at it. haha.
Thanks again for helping them out --from a former Marine
Scout

mooseman

#3 Post by mooseman »

This is difficult to say. I am a vet and I served in the Navy ( Viet Nam era) but Wounded Warriors only gives 58% of all donations to the wounded warriors. My moth-in-law donated to them and they sent her an item that was made in China, so that was then end of her donations. I don't donate to any charity that does not give at least 85% or more to the recipients. Too much overhead or high paid people running the organization.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

That's pretty piss-poor, Michael. Our vets deserve better.
Aim small, miss small!

USMC4life

#5 Post by USMC4life »

Love to see this support for our wounded veterans.
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
- Ned Dolan

gsurko

#6 Post by gsurko »

mooseman wrote:This is difficult to say. I am a vet and I served in the Navy ( Viet Nam era) but Wounded Warriors only gives 58% of all donations to the wounded warriors. My moth-in-law donated to them and they sent her an item that was made in China, so that was then end of her donations. I don't donate to any charity that does not give at least 85% or more to the recipients. Too much overhead or high paid people running the organization.
You're correct in your assessment of this charity, sadly most are set up so people can make a living off of other peoples caring.

Crazynate

#7 Post by Crazynate »

I'm a disabled former Marine myself and a few of my friends were wounded when we fought over seas. I am glad people care and make donations to good causes. I appreciate them very much from the bottom of just heart. This country would be a lot better place if our veterans were treated half as good as our "hero" athletes who get paid millions for playing with balls. Right now our veterans benefits ( which are piss poor ) anyway are under attack. We need as much help as possible from anyone who can.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

Nate, I cant express my gratitude enough. I had uncle's that were war veterans. I agree our society is really screwed up in its priorities. Im not a pro ball fan of any sort although I have a small amount of me that enjoys and loosely follows my son's college basketball team.. I think mainly because its something we do together. The boys care not for money ball either. It ticks me off they get paid what they do, then get attitudes like they are supposed to be some kind of leaders as to how we as Americans should think or act. The same goes for actors/actresses. What any of them do on the field matters so little its not even funny, yet we are told these are our figures to follow? Tomorrow, after the game tonight, the sun will rise again, and us with the same problems we had before the game ever started. What does this mean? Firstly and personally I'll look to Christ for my role model. Secondly, I'll look to our true leaders and heros....our Veterans, not actors or ball players. Thank you for your unselfish sacrifice you gave, and to all our heros like you. You made a life for this American not only a pleasure to be living, but also for my son's and eventually my grandkids. Words just can't describe my admiration. Thank you.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Amen. I would add to that, but by golly...I can't.
Aim small, miss small!

Mohawk

#10 Post by Mohawk »

Same here! Well written Shadow.

Return to “Wounded warriors”