Happy holidays from the Haverstick!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
dhaverstick

Happy holidays from the Haverstick!

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

For almost 30 years, I have been writing our family holiday newsletter and sending it out to a bazillion of our closest friends. When I first started, it was dispersed via USPS, a very expensive and time-consuming job. As years went by, and we all became connected electronically, I switched to sending it out primarily through digital means. This convenience, however, comes with its own cost. Receiving an email, to me, is a bit less personal than getting the same message via an envelope someone took the time to address, stamp, and mail. That same message loses even more of the personal touch when it is posted on a public forum such as this one. But....I will gladly sacrifice that intimate feel to escape licking stamps and envelopes and spending a ton of money to mail an item that may, or may not, ever get to its intended destination.

I consider many of you friends, or at least a step up from a passing acquaintance, but have no way to "gift" you this newsletter other than posting it here. Some of you may enjoy reading it while others will print it out just so they have something to start a fire with. Whatever the case, I can guarantee that this missive is a far cry from the typical "Uncle Bob died, Grandma Ella came to visit, our children are perfect" newsletter that folks normally send out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q397DC ... drive_link

Enjoy!

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Happy holidays from the Haverstick!

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

OK, so now that I've managed to catch my breath and stopped rolling around on the floor (the wife was seriously worried; at first looking for flames and approaching fire trucks, the making sure I wasn't foaming at the mouth and having a mal seizure), I have managed to (somewhat) regain my composure enough to say I...ahem...enjoyed your letter this year even more than last year's. And I am looking for a bedliner for my truck, so keep working with the dogs.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and yours as well!
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

#3 Post by White Falcon »

Happy Holidays!

Elkman
Site Admin

#4 Post by Elkman »

Happy Holidays everyone!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

White Falcon