Arizona EZ-Fletch

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Bearded Bowhunter

Re: Arizona EZ-Fletch

#16 Post by Bearded Bowhunter »

Josh, the EZ fletch works great on feathers or vanes. I have fletched all of my arrows with it
Bear Grizzly 58'' 50#@28"
Samick Sage Takedown 60" 50#@28"

LOTW

#17 Post by LOTW »

Ok thanks.

REDTAIL

#18 Post by REDTAIL »

Bought the Pro Model years ago with the 4 Degree Offset, For my 5 " Feather use, Back then I was shooting, My Compound Bow, But now I am shooting my Recurve & my Long Bow, Just wondering,? If the 4 Degree Offset, would still be ok to use for, My Stick Bows Arrows also.? Does anyone know,? Would appreciate, any feedback on this etc..I was thinking about buying a new EZ Pro with the RH Helical,? But hate to lay out another $50.00 Bucks, For another EZ Fletcher, If the 4 Degree Offset, Will still do the job, Fletching for me.? My Arrows are Black Eagle Vintage spined in 400 & 500 for the Long bow & 400 for the Recurve etc.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#19 Post by Carpdaddy »

I'm not familiar with that particular fletching Jig but really don't see why there would be a problem. I bought a cheap fletching jig some 25-30 years ago for my compound and still use it today. I have no idea what the degree turn it is. It has one side that does straight and the other for right helical. I don't have a left but use the straight side on my left wing feathers, not had any issues. Hopefully someone smarter will jump in though.

Shadowhntr

#20 Post by Shadowhntr »

Redtail, as long as the feathers quill is lining up on your arrows so most or all of it is laying flat against your arrow, you will have no problems.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#21 Post by Captainkirk »

Agreed. Helical is a matter of preference. I know some folks that shoot with NO helical. I have some old woodies from the 60's that are straight fletched and they shoot fine.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “All about arrows”